Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #1

HELP! Water Pump Issue 1997 Fleetwood Discovery.

Hi.

I have been searching for a while but can't find the right answer to my particular problem. I have a 1997 new to me Fleetwood discovery and I can't disable my water pump. When I have fresh water in the tank the pump works as normal but when I connect to city water it just pumps the tank water when I turn on the faucets. I cannot disable my pump with or without city water connected. I have the button switched to off in the main water bay. I have one valve that is for bypass. I would think that having the bypass off and the city water connected I should get city water but like I said, it only uses tank water. The bypass when turned on runs the pump continuously to fill the fresh water tank as I believe it should. What am I missing. When I was buying the RV they had to fix a ground wire apparently to get the water pump to work. Do you think they have hard wired it somehow to rig it? Or am I missing something to turn the darn thing off and use city water. I read and re-read the manual and as I said searched and searched for an answer to this but I am stumped. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
didimitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I would check the switch. If I remember correctly Fleetwood puts a switch at every faucet so check them all.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by didimitten View Post
Hi.

I have been searching for a while but can't find the right answer to my particular problem. I have a 1997 new to me Fleetwood discovery and I can't disable my water pump. When I have fresh water in the tank the pump works as normal but when I connect to city water it just pumps the tank water when I turn on the faucets. I cannot disable my pump with or without city water connected. I have the button switched to off in the main water bay. I have one valve that is for bypass. I would think that having the bypass off and the city water connected I should get city water but like I said, it only uses tank water. The bypass when turned on runs the pump continuously to fill the fresh water tank as I believe it should. What am I missing. When I was buying the RV they had to fix a ground wire apparently to get the water pump to work. Do you think they have hard wired it somehow to rig it? Or am I missing something to turn the darn thing off and use city water. I read and re-read the manual and as I said searched and searched for an answer to this but I am stumped. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
I have a 1998 southwind . There are 3 switches to turn on or off the fresh water pump. Kitchen hood..bathroom..wet bay.. all work by depressing the switch and releasing it to turn on or off the pump . The water pump light illuminates when the pump is in the on mode.when the light is off the pump is off. the bypass valve when opened will circulate water thru the pump back to storage tank and will continue to run until the bypass valve is closed...The bypass when opened will also fill the storage tank when connected fresh water supply (park connected and turned on) check all switches for proper operation. if your switches are like mine they do not toggle up or down but simply push and return to the same position.
oran42348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #4

What I have been reading from replies on another forum is that is my water pump controller and the mechanic at the place we purchased the rig hard wired the ground to get it working. May also be a relay stuck in the on position also. Going to check those things out. The switches I have are the spring loaded ones also. Feel a lot better now I know it isn's user error but an actual fault that can be fixed.
didimitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood, water, water pump