Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #1

Help! Where do we turn water heater on?

We are very new to our motor home. We have a 1992 American Eagle. Can’t figure out how to turn the water heater on….. apAny suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Jessica76945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #2

You should have a panel around the door or in main cabin with other switches, too. It's usually just a rocker switch to press for on/off and maybe another for gas option. Keep looking.....it's gotta be in fairly close proximity to living area.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:01 PM   #3

Atwood water heater........

Should be a GAS on/off switch with RED Light next to swtch
Range Hood, Wall panel, Control Panel etc

Need Propane valved in for service
Exterior Access via Panel on Drivers side
Open Panel and then have someone turn switch ON
*Should hear Click,Click, Click of Ignitor firing

UNLESS it is has a local GAS Controller (like older residential Water heaters)
Push button DOWN///TUrn dial to PILOT position//Light flame then turn to ON

Brand Model will be helpful in specific instructions (water heater AND which Model of Eagle you have)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
make and model of water heater would help. But in a 1992 coach, you may light the water heater on the heater itself.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #5

Had a friend with that RV. On his, there was a row of rocker switches above the handrail in the entryway. The water heater switch was one of those rockers.

(Edited to add: It's been a few years, and I might be fuzzy on this. There were other rockers by the kitchen sink. It was on one of those two sets.)

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:27 PM   #6

Thank you everyone! The is a switch in front of the sink but words are rubbed off I’ll try that and see if it works
Jessica76945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:42 AM   #7

I forgot that I had turned the valves on mine to winterize it last year, new to me. Couldn't get hot water on first trip out this spring until I realized that I had the valves bypassing the water heater. Easy to forget something like that when its new to you.
Ben-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:54 AM   #8

First remove the water heater cover and take a look. As I recall our eagle had a master switch for the electric side on the unit itself. Then look for a switch inside that has a red light next to it. Just a tiny dot thing. That switch is for the propane side of the water heater. When you flip that switch the light should come on then go off when the burner lights. The master switch for the electric should be next to the propane switch. Your heater should work on both propane and electric but may need some repair especially if the electric element was on and the water heater had no water. That is the reason for the master switch on the heater itself.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #9

American Coach Owners Club
2 mini rocker switches just below the sink- the Left is the W-Heater and the Right is the water pump-- Electric wasn't std from factory.
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 06:06 AM   #10

On our ‘95 Bounder, the switches are just below the edge of the counter, at the kitchen sink. The water pump rocker switch will turn on an amber light next to the switch(also the switch above the lavatory counter), the water heater rocker switch is next to a red light, which will ‘flash’ when the gas burner starts on the water heater.

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater