Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2006, 01:51 PM   #1

Hello, fellow enthusiasts. I am one of the admins at Internet Movie Cars Database. We are trying to collect together pictures of all vehicles ever starred in movies, series etc. Of course we have some MHs, RVs etc. on our sites.

We have no expert on those yet and so a bit problems with proper identifications..
Especially this one: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_28846-Unknown.html bothers us now the most..

Please if you have time, look at that one and help us to identify it properly.

P.S.: We will be glad, if you look at the other RVs as well: http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?resultsStyle=asImages...lass18=18&cla ss86=86

thank you.
wickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome. I hopethat you have read or terms of agreement and know that we do not allow commercial advertizing to be done on the forum and it looks like you are very close to that infraction. Please refrain from doint so. THe motorhome in your link, looks like a vintage Superior motorhome. Why don't you contact the producer of the movie and ask about it?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #3

hello, I hope, that I am not that close - we are non-profit site, the google ads on the site are just for gaining money to run the site. Anyway we do not sell anything etc.

Generally the easiest way to identidy the vehicle is to contact someone who is expert on those.. Contacing the producers does not have good results..
Thank you for your advice and if you consider my posts as commercial advertizings, please delete them.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,

Two thoughts on the Superior. In the picture, the windshield appears to slope foreward from the bottom to top. Also the window in the entry door is a rectangle. I used to have a '73 23 footer. The windshield sloped to the rear and the door had a round window. That seemed to hold true with the few others that I saw.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:15 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
To answer the gentleman's question, I believe the coach is a Barth. However, since the scene is very dark it is really hard to be accurate.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
My vote is a "Commander". My honeymoon was spent in one on the "dinette sleeper" at Laguna Seca Raceway in 1978. I found a link to a 1974 that was for sale. You will be able to see many similarities from the pics that are posted. Also the movie industry seems to be infamous for taking the "product name" and naming it with a similar name as the original product -ie. Condor II and Commander.
Here is the link to probably a newer year model
1974 Commander

PS.. we are still married - and very happily at that!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Commander
Found another picture and post of a newer one...
1979 Commander

Old 12-27-2006, 01:57 AM   #8

thank you, that looks quite similar - the only thing, that bothers me on all of these is, that the vehicle in the movie has totally different shape of the front window (that goes in other direction than on the others - visible on the picture from the side very well - http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/729...tmasrv32ua.jpg ) ...
Old 12-27-2006, 05:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I think you will find that window if you can find a picture of an older one. I can almost remember those windowab on the friend's Commander because they were so distinct. The window could not slide back all the way because of the angle of it. (Notice I mention the pic would be a newer model)

Old 12-27-2006, 06:39 AM   #10

wickey, that looks a lot like the RV from Chevy Chase's "Christmas Vacation" movie. I think it was driven in by Clark's brother-in-law who announced "Well Clark, that there's an RV".... And frankly, I thought it was an old eyebrow Winnebago, about a '72. (?)
Old 12-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #11

yep, it is from that movie - you can read that above the main picture anyway I will try to find something matching according to your advices.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #12

wickey, I finally read all of the threads on your site and reviewed the other pics. It is indeed a Condor II, manufactured by Condor back in those days. -Now I think they're made by R-Vision....
Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #13

woohoo - thank you very much troth - I found a similar one: http://www.tincantourists.com/photopost/showphoto.php?p...3255&si=air&size=big

thank you again (if you have a little time, try to identify some more)