Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #15

What ever happened happened with the second jack going down, parking brake is likely not the probablem. I wouild make sure there is power to the hydraulics.
SeattlePirat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #16

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Still no luck in getting the stablizers up. I did find the reservoir in the very front of the motorhome, on driver's side, down low and to the side of the radiator. I will try to see how full it is in the morning when it is light. Let's hope that solves the problem!
Buno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #17

The second jack was starting to go down and then just stopped...as if the power went out. That's why I originally thought it was a fuse problem.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #18

Ford Super Duty Owner
If these are typical jacks, they can't lift the rig. The emergency procedure is to use a hydro jack and push them back up into position... (at least on my 99 Rambler)
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #19

Gulf Streamers Club
With one and a half jacks down, the reservoir should not be full since fluid is filling the cylinders extended. If you fill it now, retracting (eventually) will overflow the reservoir.

Here's a PFD that shows some of the components of your system. http://support.powergearus.com/techd...rolReplace.pdf

Here's a link to Installation instructions. http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/1422191.pdf

Good luck!!

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #20

As a last resort if you can get a wrench on the hyd line of the ram that is not going up, you might be able to release some fluid thus allowing the spring to lift the ram? It will be a little messy.
PAVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #21

Thanks to all. I'll read the info. provided and give you an update in the morning. FYI...these jacks can and do lift up the motorhome if I need that for balancing purposes. They require the motor to push them down and also to pull them back up.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buno View Post
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Still no luck in getting the stablizers up. I did find the reservoir in the very front of the motorhome, on driver's side, down low and to the side of the radiator. I will try to see how full it is in the morning when it is light. Let's hope that solves the problem!
As others have mentioned, it's not a fluid problem. It's most likely a mechanical obstruction or failure (broken spring), or electrical. Since you're trying to retract, fluid from the piston is suppose to return to the reservoir. So if you measure it now, it will show below normal. The device that allows retraction is an electrical valve. The springs actually do the retracting. If that valve is bad, like shorted internally, that could cause a fuse to blow. If it's blocked with crud, that would usually not blow a fuse.

You should also spend some time looking at the wiring...a wires insulation rubbed off because it's going around to sharp of a bend could short it to ground. As could numerous other simple wiring problems.

Good luck tomorrow.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #23

I checked and as far as I can tell it is not a fluid problem. It must be electrical. I still can't find where the 5 fuses I mentioned earlier are hidden. Most frustrating!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buno
I checked and as far as I can tell it is not a fluid problem. It must be electrical. I still can't find where the 5 fuses I mentioned earlier are hidden. Most frustrating!
In my '99 with the manual PG jacks, there is a circuit breaker on the 12v distribution circuit board on the lower right hand corner on the back of the board. On the board it says "reset lever". It's actually an elongated button. To reset, put your finger straight up behind the board and push it. This is all assuming you have a RV CUSTOM PRODUCTS distribution board.

As fas as those 5 fuses, I've seen them. If I remember correctly, after getting the unit out, it would come apart in 2 pieces and these fuses would then be exposed. My rig is right outside if you need more help. Of course you may be looking at a different models diagram. It took me quite awhile to figure out which one I had.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #25

Thanki you Clyton51. Were the fuses you talked about inside the cab area of the motorhome somewhere or outside under the "hood" by the engine? I will try to find it in the morning and then get back to you.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
The fuses are on the controller inside the coach. Mine is in a plastic box screwed to the drivers side wall. I just removed the box and unplugged two connectors. Then I had access to everything. The fuses are very small and are not automotive fuses. You would need to get them from a Powergear distributor.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #27

Thank you. I'll look for them and see if that's the problem.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
The fuses in the controller do not look like a normal fuse. They are about the size of an asprin. black metal, With tiny wires that plug into the board.