Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Help with new Dometic 10 button Thermostat

A few months ago, we replaced our old Dometic 13.5K AC/heat pump with a new 15K one. Since we still had a 13.5K one in the rear & the 5 button thermostat Dometic said we needed a control board on the 15K one to make it operate with the thermostat. We had someone do the install for us. It seemed to work fine except we couldn't run just the fan. I spoke to Dometic & they thought it might be the board. anyway, We didn't do anything with the board & realized the thermostat didn't seem to be keeping the right temp so decided to replace it with the new 10 button. I again spoke with Dometic to make sure I bought the right one & they said to remove the new control board I bought for the 15K & buy a new control board for the 13.5K one to make it adapt to the 10 button themostat. So, I decided to see if i could do that myself as the lady at Dometic said it wasn't a big deal. I decided to start with the new 15K one & removed the control board for that. Since there were no instructions, I'm not sure how or where to connect all the wires. I haven't gotten to the old one yet, but no instructions came with the new board, so not sure about that either. Soooo, I'm wondering if anyone out there has done this & can help me out. TIA
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Karen, you should have labeled all the wires before you took them off. Maybe Dometic can provide a wiring diagram with color codes. Not a good place to be in for sure!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Took pictures before removing the wires, but don't see anywhere to plug them in.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
Took pictures before removing the wires, but don't see anywhere to plug them in.
I recently replaced my old thermostat and control boxes with the CCC2 Thermostsat which a appears to have lots of buttons.

If this is your new thermostat I have a bunch of data on on this and the control boxes. Very important to know your model an SNs/models of your ACs. Spent a lot of time on the phone with Dometic before trying this upgrade.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, that is the new thermostat. I did talk to Dometic before ordering. Told them everything we had. Ordered the new board for the old AC. She said remove the board in the new AC we had installed to make it work with the 5 button thermostaat. Didn't say anything about a new board for the new AC but dont' know where to plug in the wires removed from the board.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have read over and over what you posted and I might have spoke too soon. I looked at what I have and may or not apply to you.

Here is what I did. I replaced my front AC, two control boxes and a CCC2 thermostat.
My pns are 3312024 for the CCC2, 3312020 for the control boxes(2), and 57915 for my new AC(not a heat pump).

Can't believe its been 3 years ago since the install and the problem is my pn's are now outdated so they may not apply to you.

What I have on my system is an Operation manual, diagnostic manual, and Installation manual. You are welcome to them and I will post them if you want but it may confuse you. So let me know.

At this point we need to know what you have by PN. I downloaded a couple of newer manuals from Dometic but I don't know if they apply to you without the pns.

Schematics are in some of the manuals and there is one on each control box.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, thermostat