Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #15

I spent a little time going over the Realm at their lot. It was a massive disappointment. Not a good representative of the Foretravel name.

Very sloppy wiring, important wiring parts in horrible locations.

Paint work wasn't as good as whats on my Dutch Star.

You definitely don't want to walk through a Realm then a Cornerstone, Heritage, London Aire, Essex, and King Aire all in the same day. The realm was on the bottom, by a long way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2015, 03:51 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you can afford it, good for you. Personally, when you get to that price point, DW and I don't care for them. They start to look gaudy to us.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #17

Motorhomes in that price range are often purchased by entertainers - and tax deductible.
Old 03-21-2015, 04:33 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
Motorhomes in that price range are often purchased by entertainers - and tax deductible.
Take a ride through a large Motorcoach Resort that have "Owner lots" for sale......full of them! just normal folks with money
A brand new Newell at Hearthside last summer........and a couple more through out the park, along with a lot of high end Coach's.......Prevost, Newmar King Aire , etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05118.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	89181  
Old 03-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The 2009 Magna we just bought listed for $749,735, the price that Premier had listed was $349,000 and we paid less than that, but not enough to make up for the blown engine after only the 3,000 miles we drove it. Estimate is $29,000 to fix the ISX 650. This is a known Cummins problem with this engine and it's been fixed once before.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Years ago, we were at an FMCA Rally. The below coach was on sale for half price! Half an almost $4mil MSRP coach is STILL a ridiculous price to pay.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060161.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	89184  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Years ago, we were at an FMCA Rally. The below coach was on sale for half price! Half an almost $4mil MSRP coach is STILL a ridiculous price to pay.

Lori-

That's the old double the price and discount it 50%. You know what PT Barnum said, " there's a Sucker born every minute "

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:18 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
That's the old double the price and discount it 50%. You know what PT Barnum said, " there's a Sucker born every minute "
That was pretty much my point with my original post. They wanted a price point of $700,000, so they gave it a msrp of $1 million and then said $700,000 was a discounted price with a $300,000 savings.

What is more interesting is that nowhere in the article did MotorHome magazine question the inflated msrp. But then MH has always been a tool with little independent journalism.

Don
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MH magazine is now just one more of the far too many sales pitches that come from Good Sam and Marcus Lemonis, albeit somewhat more interesting reading. :-)
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The other day the DW asked me if we sold the MH,would I get enuff to pay it off. I checked it out and since I got a really good price on it 5 years ago,I am still right side up. In fact,I could come out several thou ahead. Then we started talking about flying places,renting a car and staying in motels and hotels. No cruises tho. I said cool,then we can head for north and south Carolina and see where my dad grew up and visit my cousins. Nope,that wasn't gonna happen 'cuz she doesn't think she'd like the weather,etc. Oh well, then the conversation got back around to motels and beds and now,the MH is safe once again.
You can spend whatever you feel you can afford,10K to over a million and still enjoy the rv lifestyle. You also don't need to go any farther than an rv forum to learn that you never have to pay full price for any rig.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #25

Talking Go for broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Gee at that price maybe I should consider buying two of them. Look at all the money I would save.
Really, a person could go broke saving all this money !!
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #26

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
The other day the DW asked me if we sold the MH,would I get enuff to pay it off. I checked it out and since I got a really good price on it 5 years ago,I am still right side up. In fact,I could come out several thou ahead. Then we started talking about flying places,renting a car and staying in motels and hotels. No cruises tho. I said cool,then we can head for north and south Carolina and see where my dad grew up and visit my cousins. Nope,that wasn't gonna happen 'cuz she doesn't think she'd like the weather,etc. Oh well, then the conversation got back around to motels and beds and now,the MH is safe once again.
You can spend whatever you feel you can afford,10K to over a million and still enjoy the rv lifestyle. You also don't need to go any farther than an rv forum to learn that you never have to pay full price for any rig.
With the price we got on the Magna and the amount we put down we'll never be upside down in it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #27

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
Louisville! We were at that rally, and went inside that coach. Had to take our shoes off, LOL. Guess they want you to know what it's like going around with no shoes, because by the time they are done, you won't have any!

We did however, see the 2010 Vista at that show, with the layout that was made for us. Took us 4 more years, but that's exactly what we ended up with. In all those years, we never saw anything we liked more....even the million dollar rigs.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Interestingly enough, PT Barnum did not say that even though most attribute it to him.

That aside isn't what we pay for our MH's more of a personal issue anyway? We bought ours because it was in our price range, the layout was good for us and we had had another Fleetwood prior to this one. For me these reasons are all valid. I'm sure whatever reason one spends a million dollars is valid enough for them. The true value of anything is what WE place on it ..... isn't it?

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote