RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #1

Heritage engine a/c compressor

There is no power at the compressor. Cannot find any fuse location to check. Only fuse location know of is under the entry steps. 2006 Heritage..
Stormy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #2

Are you talking about the engine mounted air conditioner compressor? What kind of motorhome / chassis? When I see 2006 Heritage, I think of a Harley Softail.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help with the problem but wanted to say hello! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

Merry Christmas!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:00 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Call the AC tech help line 800-435- 7345.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
Are you talking about the engine mounted air conditioner compressor? What kind of motorhome / chassis? When I see 2006 Heritage, I think of a Harley Softail.
Dennis, I had the info listed in the subject line but now I know to repeat it in the message.. I have a 2006 Heritage on a Spartan chassie. No power to the engine A/C. Can’t find a fuse or the low pressure switch.
Stormy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #6

Don’t know anything about your chassis. I have a Frieghtliner chassis and the fuses are in the left front compartment.
You might post the question on the owner’s forum where it might be spotted by someone with the same motorhome.

Good luck
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy06 View Post
Dennis, I had the info listed in the subject line but now I know to repeat it in the message.. I have a 2006 Heritage on a Spartan chassie. No power to the engine A/C. Can’t find a fuse or the low pressure switch.
Stormy,
No, you don't have to repeat it. Here's the way to do it:

Do yourself and us a favor by putting your MH and Toad information into your signature. This will really help in all your future posts, so you won't have to type it in each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH, Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed, your toad and so on. You’ll be limited to 3 lines unless you become a IRV2 supporter.
Consider signing up and becoming a IRV2 supporter. It’s a small way to give back to what we all reap here.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:23 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe PM one of the Moderator's and ask them to move your thread to the Spartan or Fleetwood section for better exposure to get the answers you need.......
Look for your dash control here http://www.evanstempcon.com/tsg_hvac.php and click on it, the you can get the schematics for it........
I am just assuming your system is a Evans Tempcon since your on a Spartan chassis.........I could be wrong.
The low pressure switch's should be close to the compressor.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I have a 2006 Heritage on a Spartan chassie.
An American Heritage, I presume? The American Coach Customer Support phone line can help, I think.

In most American Coaches, the engine/dashboard a/c controls are in the front left compartment, below the driver seat. That's where the fans, refrigerant ports, relays, etc. are usually located. American Coach uses a Denso a/c system. More info on that system at HVAC Systems | DENSO Heavy Duty

The compressor clutch will not engage if the refrigerant level (pressure) is too low. That's to prevent damage to the system, since the refrigerant also acts as a lubricant. My first action would be to add refrigerant, which is probably standard automotive R134A. That's what my '04 used and I topped it off every year. The system was notorious for slow leaks around the various O-rings and I got tired of expensive repairs when $10 refill kept it going another summer season.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #10

American Coach Owners Club
I'll second that it maybe low on refrigerant, R134 can be picked up at box stores like Walmart the cheapest.
You can but it with one of the adapter quick connect fill hose attached.
You'll add it at the compressor, the larger of the lines coming off it will have a cap on the fill connection

I'd stuff a can in it and see if it comes on.

Really kinda rare that the compressor fuse blows....

The low pressure switch is located at the dryer, maybe attached to firewall above generator, it also could be tee'd into a a/c line at condenser, located under coach just behind steer axle.
mackwrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor, engine