Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 12:41 PM   #1

Hershey Show test drives?

I have read about Class A test drives at the Hershey show. Any details on what Manufactures/models? Do you ride around in a parking lot? How long do you get? Sign up? Any other details would be of interest. Thanks
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
I have read about Class A test drives at the Hershey show. Any details on what Manufactures/models? Do you ride around in a parking lot? How long do you get? Sign up? Any other details would be of interest. Thanks
Last year, I was able to test drive a 43' Newmar DutchStar. I signed up at the Newmar display, and they called my cell phone when my timeslot came available. The test drive was a loop of just a few miles on the public road around the fair grounds. I think it is difficult for the dealer/manufacturer say for sure what will be displayed or what will be available for test drives-- as all of these coaches are for sale and can close up to the day of the show. I did see some coaches removed from the show and parked/locked in a lot with SOLD signs on them. I assume once a coach sells they take them out of the show.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

At last years show I drove a Dutch Star as well. I signed up at the Newmar display and scheduled a specific time for the following day. Everything went off on schedule. Took a short drive around the area on public roads. After driving a Tiffin the previous day it was easy to appreciate Comfort Drive. Other than that, the test drives were too short for me to really see any other major differences. I ended up ordering a Newmar based on so many other factors.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:45 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. Just what I was looking for. Newmar is one of the manufacturers I was looking at. No King Aires just....maybe DS's in my future.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
Last year, I was able to test drive a 43' Newmar DutchStar. I did see some coaches removed from the show and parked/locked in a lot with SOLD signs on them. I assume once a coach sells they take them out of the show.
Normally at Hershey, the show coaches are parked tightly together and all part of big display. They usually do not move those during the show. Once sold they get locked and have a sold sign near the door. Other same manufacturer units are parked elsewhere, away from the congestion, and available for a test drive.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Three years ago we test drove a Winnebago Tour 42-foot model at the Hershey show. Several of the manufacturers kept a few test drive rigs on a side road to the show area which allowed for this. We drove the coach about three miles on public streets, essentially a loop. Very impressed and we actually bought a used Tour 42QD a few months after the show, and later traded in for a newer sister to the Tour, an Ellipse 42QD.

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #7

If the manufacturers charged $$ for a test ride, that would separate the serious buyer from all the lookers. (your test ride fee goes toward the purchase of a new motor home) Charge more for a longer test ride... you could even 'test ride' one for the day.
99phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test