Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #15

No problem on our Miramar, the couch is mid coach and the dinette is closest to the drop down bed.
bigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #16

No problem on our Flair, no access issues at all with our sofa bed out and bed down.
BlueThunder4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 10:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmoneypit View Post
Hi all, DW and I are in Florida escaping the Michigan cold. Went to the Fort Myers RV show and really like the hide-a-loft bed. We have grandkids with us from time to time and it would really be nice to have that sleeping option. I am wondering what real world experience anyone has with these and are there issues/problems with them? We of course now are looking for a new to us MH with this feature (note to self, don't go to RV shows!). Thanks in advance for any help!

The hide a loft style beds seem to be pretty full proof. I have put a few on in my day of different mfg. try to talk to someone who has lived with it in their rig. I know some of the older style use to have a spring rattle noise in them if you hit a chuck hole or speed bump. We use to give ythe customers with that issue two pieces of that black waterline insulation foam. If you buy it just do a shakedown cruise soon after install so you know whether to go back to the installers with issues to deal with. Have fun I loved traveling with my grand kids. We use to get a big pillow about 5’ long to act as a bunting board. Nothing worse than hearing “He’s/She’s touching me” And then the other one starts saying the same thing.
Smittydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:38 PM   #18

Thanks again everyone for the replies. We are going to look tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #19

most RVs with a 'let out' queen sofa, or similar, is going to take up the bulk of the living 'walkaround space', if that's what you mean - the 'hide-a-loft' won't care, it only drops down to a height of 5' or so.... for the walkaround while the sofa is let out is a different subject, as some will have more than others, and some will have none... I've even seen units with opposing 'let out' sofas that could NOT be let out at the SAME TIME!... weird!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote