Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2021, 06:02 AM   #15

Our 2011 Mirada 32DS is built on a 228" wheelbase 20500# chassis and has 4050# of OCCC. It handles well with no suspension mods at all. Very few issues and we've full timed in it for over 2 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
OK, I know very little about gas coaches-- all three of ours were diesel.

A friend asked for advice on a gas coach-- here are his requirements:

High end fit and finish

32' ideal length-- just two adults

No full wall slides. One or two slides OK.

Long WB/OL ratio-- this will probably be difficult. Does anyone know of a 32' coach on anything longer than a 208" wheelbase?

2006 or newer.

Thanks.

Brett
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2021, 08:18 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Regardless of what some previous "post" said, there is a luxury "gas" coach in the marketplace!

The Newmar Canyon Star is luxury gas coach, with the same "fit, finish, & construction" as all Newmar coaches. The Canyon Star has a nice level of luxury! However, there is even more upgraded level of luxury an features to the high end "DP's" like Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex. & King Aire!

I would recommend two models:

The Canyon Star "3513", a 35' coach with a full wall slide, is quite roomy for its' size. Check it out at the Newmar website for all the spec's & features.

The other is the Newmar Canyon Star "3710", a 38' coach which features a full & half bath. Also check it out at the Newmar website for spec's & features.

We have a 2020 Canyon Star "3710", and as there are only the two of us; we opted for the "Theater Power Seating", & the "Euro Dinette". With the fireplace and great TV location above it; this makes for a comfortable, intimate interior setting. Add to it, the large shower in the Master bath, a king size bed, and the full size washer and dryer, one has an ideal and luxury interior!

Check RV Trader and see for yourself!

Good Luck!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #17

Thanks for the recommendations.

Keep them coming.

Again, high end, gas used, no full wall slide, under 34' with long wheelbase.

Coming from sailing, he is shocked by all the cardboard interiors and poorly wrapped wood.

Will see if we can make a "land sailor" out of him.
Old 06-05-2021, 09:28 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just a tad older, but the 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire was a very nice gasser MH. I tried to buy one but it sold in days.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe10 View Post
Thanks for the recommendations.

Keep them coming.

Again, high end, gas used, no full wall slide, under 34' with long wheelbase.

Coming from sailing, he is shocked by all the cardboard interiors and poorly wrapped wood.

Will see if we can make a "land sailor" out of him.
Weight is an issue in a gas motorhome. Not so much in a boat.

I was a boater too. Then I figured out most of this country is NOT within a mile or two of a coast. [emoji846]
Old 06-06-2021, 06:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post

I was a boater too. Then I figured out most of this country is NOT within a mile or two of a coast. [emoji846]

Ya, after 25,000 sailing miles Dianne and I did the same when we bought the Foretravel in 1998, but did keep our hand in the sailing world as well.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #21

IMO you are faced with the concept of acceptable imperfection, as it relates to directional stability, handling, and ride comfort,...(been there, done that). You get pretty picky, the older you get. (I'm 81)
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:09 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabber Jaw View Post
Regardless of what some previous "post" said, there is a luxury "gas" coach in the marketplace!

The Newmar Canyon Star is luxury gas coach, with the same "fit, finish, & construction" as all Newmar coaches. The Canyon Star has a nice level of luxury! However, there is even more upgraded level of luxury an features to the high end "DP's" like Dutch Star, Mountain Aire, London Aire, Essex. & King Aire!

I would recommend two models:

The Canyon Star "3513", a 35' coach with a full wall slide, is quite roomy for its' size. Check it out at the Newmar website for all the spec's & features.

The other is the Newmar Canyon Star "3710", a 38' coach which features a full & half bath. Also check it out at the Newmar website for spec's & features.

We have a 2020 Canyon Star "3710", and as there are only the two of us; we opted for the "Theater Power Seating", & the "Euro Dinette". With the fireplace and great TV location above it; this makes for a comfortable, intimate interior setting. Add to it, the large shower in the Master bath, a king size bed, and the full size washer and dryer, one has an ideal and luxury interior!

Check RV Trader and see for yourself!

Good Luck!
No my friend. Many of us had the Canyon star in mind (that was my 1st choice when I first started research Mohos yrs ago too.) But the CSs start at 35 ft. The OP specifically said 32 ft. Maybe because the longest RVs allowed in nat'l parks is 32 ft.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
The 2006 adventurer 35ft models are 228 inch wheel base.
My 38t has a 266 inch wheel base but it has 2 17.5 foot slides.and is 40ft perfect for kathy and i
robertkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #24

Cheaper than a diesel but you will hate the harsh ride
dans1999f-53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:49 PM   #25

Didn't mention if wanted only class A gas mh. Love our 2018 phoenix cruiser 2910d class B+. 31 ft 218 " wheelbase. 2 slides. Real wood interior, liquid springs. A comfortable ride.
reckic840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:59 PM   #26

CAT320 - Are you talking about me when you say OXYMORON? Are you saying I'm a dumb fat guy? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
06...D36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster View Post
our 06 pace arrow 36 d drives great with no mods.
handles great: Well built
PaceArrow06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:03 AM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2005 34XB from Tiffin and it works well for us although I did have to add the rear stabilizer bar and front koni's. The rig is on a Workhorse chassis which I prefer with the 8.1L GM and I tow a Jeep on a dolly, the dolly tracks right in my rear wheel tracks. Good luck I would drive as many different ones as I could to help with your decision.
riverat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas