Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
I've gotten 20 mpg in my DSDP. However that was downhill. That all changed when I leveled out LOL.
I've seen 3 mpg fighting a headwind on flat ground in the Columbia Gorge at 70 mph and 256 mpg going down hills. I've also seen 14 to 16 mpg on the flats, no headwind and on cruise control, but that was an instantaneous reading on my VMSpc. Weigh 32,000 and tow a Honda Odyssey on a dolly for another 5,000#'s.
I really don't check it as it takes what it takes to get us there and back.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I wouldn't make a bold statement about what someone will or will not get in mileage. There are way to many factors that impact mileage. I will just say my 08 Winnabago 350 Cummins gets 10 mpg consistently. I can only dream about mileage that high.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #45

Don't give out your address. Big oil be blowing up that coach before the rest of us rv'ers get your motor specs
Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #46

What gets frustrating is that we have pretty much established that my figures were incorrect on page 2, turns out it is the odometer that's incorrect. Yet everyone keeps rubbing my nose into MY asinine comment about getting 17.3. I get it I was wrong, I am sorry I ever posted here. And on my next trip if I do make it back home again with lots of fuel left, I will post that I only got 8.5 mpg. And yes Mel S. you did call me a liar. I do however admit to making a foolish mistake.

1 thing is for sure, I refilled after my trip and topped off with 65 gallons after traveling what appear now to be 952 miles according to my gps and route (not my odometer). You guys can do the math.
"Mrs. CC. Magna" 36' 1993 Country Coach, Magna, 300hp Cummins, 5 speed Alison trans, #5016
127,000 miles and counting...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-n-Linda View Post
There is nothing "competitive" about this at all. And the comments from people like me are not "skeptical." We are telling you that your numbers are WRONG. That's not skepticism or opinion...it is a FACT. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a coach the size of yours to achieve an overall average of 17.3 mpg.

At some point soon you will discover your error. Then you'll understand.

Again, if you read the entire posting you will see mid way through we had established that the odometer is reading much higher than it should so when calculating the mileage it WAS INCORRECT. AND WAS IMPOSSIBLE.

ALL CAPS, so now people are shouting over a mistake, What the hell is wrong with you people.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
bobioknight - Murrieta is about an hour up the road from us. Our CC has nearly the miles you have on yours, but is a bit newer. We do not get near 18 mpg. More like between 7 - 8. I just had a new charge air cooler put in so I hope my mpg goes up a little.

Country Coaches are great motor homes. We have enjoyed ours.
Hi Bob, I am sure you will, especially if it was leaking as bad as mine was. From everything I read and was told, your Air Cooler can deflate your MPG by 1/2, in addition can overspin your turbo causing damage. I can not know if it helped my mileage because all my work was performed the day after I purchased it. Going into the shop for months getting overhauled. I wish you the best in your travels. And if you do get over 9mpg do not celebrate here, these members will put you through hell over it.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Don't give out your address. Big oil be blowing up that coach before the rest of us rv'ers get your motor specs
LOL, that is pretty funny, but I am more concerned about the irv2 members.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #50

Oh and by the way, my first choice of words was the word Cynic, I stand by that word, it means "A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative." Yep, there are a lot of cynical people out there, get over yourselves.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #51

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobioknight View Post
Oh and by the way, my first choice of words was the word Cynic, I stand by that word, it means "A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative." Yep, there are a lot of cynical people out there, get over yourselves.
Ok! Let's start from the beginning post. bobioknight is new to the great world of RVing. We've all been there and most of us love it. The reason most partake on this site is because we love the acts and actions of others that enjoy our
pastime and a "way of life" for many. We also obviously learn things we never knew. There is one problem with posting personal thoughts about the adventure. It is a tough crowd out there especially when something is posted that defies the communities perceived and learned logic. I was not being cynical--just trying to bring a little levity with my post. If bobioknight believes he's getting 17 mpg with his castle, so be it. The problem is that if your planning a extended trip and one plugs in the average mpg as 17, the numbers are going to be a little off. Not catastrophic--just not accurate. Another consideration is situational awareness. There are many places that available fuel can be great distances down the road. If someone has unrealistic mileage assumptions, they're going to be far short of making that next fuel stop. I understand a diesel is pretty hard to start when drained. I haven't tried myself. Bottom line--welcome Bob! Hope all your travels are safe.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #52
Community Administrator

It's time to move on. This thread has gone way past violating our #1 rule here " Be Nice "

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread