Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2020, 01:10 AM   #29

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Believe my first post on this thread read : '2nd toilet isn't important to us'.

How is that "criticizing" anyone?

Actually think the discussion was quite civil, till you chimed in that us who don't have a 2nd bathroom, really, really, deep down wish we did!
You can't just accept, we really, really, don't!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2020, 02:30 AM   #30

iRV2 No Limits Club
When looking at ‘empty nest’ floorplans for the future, we’ve honestly been considering the half bath as a potential extra ‘room’ with some creativity - set up a chair over the toilet and a wall mounted desk, or put a table over the toilet for my SO’s 3d printer, that sort of thing. So it’d be there in an emergency, I suppose, if you moved some stuff, but we rarely need the toilet at the same time at home, so don’t expect it in an RV either.

I do like the layouts that have a sink accessible while the toilet is in use, though. Like there’s one that had the sink more in the dressing area next to but not in with the toilet. That way no one has to wait on someone on the toilet for tooth brushing or face washing or what have you.

We do carry some of those absorbent liners intended for using a 5 gallon bucket as a toilet, though. In an emergency, a trashcan can be lined for use, plus if there’s a toilet plumbing problem we can put the liner in the toilet bowl and still ‘use’ the toilet. Gross to have to dispose of, but when there is a true emergency you have to do something.
PirateFoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:07 AM   #31

We don't have a second bath in our coach and get along just fine. If I was looking for a coach with a bath and 1/2 it would have to be gravity flow to the black tank for both toilets. Absolutely no way would I own a coach with "Vacuflush".
Old 09-16-2020, 04:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
What valuable space....another notion those WITHOUT a half bath use as an excuse. My half bath has a full wall cabinet which we use as a paper product pantry. It has another sink with storage under the sink. It also has a medicine cabinet which makes it easy to access things like aspirin, lotions, etc, near the front of the coach.

Just like many nowadays.....those that don't have something, find it necessary to criticize those that do. Your coach doesn't have a half bath, so everyone who does have one, it must be useless or a waste of space. I'm guessing you don't want a bigger engine, nicer paint, better insulation or better quality furniture....because your coach doesn't have those things. How TYPICAL and PREDICTABLE!
Are you saying that no one with a single bath is happy with it?

You may not realize it but you are doing exactly what you are accusing others of - criticizing all those who say they don't need a second bath or assuming what their reasoning is. Let's leave the personality assessments out of this and stick to the topic of bathrooms.

We have a single bath and do fine. Would a second bath be handy at times? Of course. But, since having a shorter coach is more important to us we stick with what we have. Very hard to have a bath and a half in a 35-foot coach where space is truly at a premium.

For anyone like us whose priority is shorter coach, the storage space lost to a half bath would be quite noticeable. Also, in a shorter coach you also lose valuable floor space for other things like a panty, usable dinette, etc.

My suggestion is to find what size coach you're going to be looking for and then find the best floor plan you can in that size.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:53 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
While not well versed on other's daily constitutions, I would rather have the floor space not dedicated to an activity that usually only takes a few minutes each day.
The title did catch my eye as we had a 2 holer growing up, I don't recall anyone ever having company while in there. The holes were two different sizes, little ones had to be careful and go right.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:17 AM   #34

...you show me a man who loves his two toilets and I will show you a wife that cleans them [smile]….I can see where some folks with rear baths need access to a 1/2 bath while driving....also hear lots of potential issues with plumbing and water usage when toilets have to pump to a tank.
So, one 40ft DP, 190,000 miles, 17 years, still nice inside and out, and no real issues for us with a single toilet....guess I might have a different view if I had had multiple coaches over the years with multiple toilet options--hope I wasn't too snobby???
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #35

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
The title did catch my eye as we had a 2 holer growing up, I don't recall anyone ever having company while in there. The holes were two different sizes, little ones had to be careful and go right.
YUP YUP YUP!!! We also had a "2 Hole'r"....And a Sears Catalog..........
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #36
NXR

For the two of us in a 38' we love the bath and a half. My wife gets the full bath in the rear for her stuff and I get the half-bath in the middle for mine. We share the single shower, of course.

The 1/2 bath has a Tecma macerating toilet so we both use it for #2. So a "poop pyramid" is never a concern.

We have two large dogs who like to sleep in the bedroom at the foot of the bed day and night. If we just had one bath so we would be stepping over them during the day and I would be stepping over them at night, multiple times... .

It works for us.

Ray
Old 09-16-2020, 08:50 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
For the two of us in a 38' we love the bath and a half. My wife gets the full bath in the rear for her stuff and I get the half-bath in the middle for mine. We share the single shower, of course.

The 1/2 bath has a Tecma macerating toilet so we both use it for #2. So a "poop pyramid" is never a concern.

We have two large dogs who like to sleep in the bedroom at the foot of the bed day and night. If we just had one bath so we would be stepping over them during the day and I would be stepping over them at night, multiple times... .

It works for us.

Ray
That is all that is important, "it works for us".
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 11:11 PM   #38
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Believe my first post on this thread read : '2nd toilet isn't important to us'.

How is that "criticizing" anyone?

Actually think the discussion was quite civil, till you chimed in that us who don't have a 2nd bathroom, really, really, deep down wish we did!
You can't just accept, we really, really, don't!
You took the first cheap shot....but I guess you forgot that already. I guess when you tell people what they don't need because YOU don't have it, it keeps you busy.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:04 AM   #39
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Thread warning

The purpose of this thread is to discuss toilets. Let's concentrate on that and stop the bickering
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:01 PM   #40

We have a single bath in our MH, and we make due... It hasn't been a problem yet..

However, at the house... we have two and a half bathrooms...

My wife uses the bath off the master bedroom, I use the bath in the hallway.... We rarely use the other bathroom...

When we have guests, they get the hallway bathroom, and my stuff gets moved to the master bath for showering, but then I use the toilet in my shop.....

I just like the convenience while we are alone, and the privacy when there are guests...

If I had the money, I'd get a MH with a bath and a half....
Old 09-20-2020, 03:25 PM   #41

Would not be without a bath and a half

When you are young and do not have any medical problems, and when you have to go you can take the time to pull over at the next rest stop or climb over the bed to get to the toilet.

We are now in our 70's. Back in 2007 we purchased our second Class A and made sure it had a bath and a half. At that time we were doing long drives from the east coast to the west coast and the half bath had a lot of use while on the road. In 2009 we did an 88 day 12, 608 mile round trip to Alaska and the half bath came in handy many times.

We are on our third Class A DP, this one has a half bath directly across our mid coach door entry and exit. When we entertain our guests are not walking through our living area or bedroom to use our facilities.

Once you go to a bath and a half you don't go back. The convenience out weighs the cleaning or extra towels needed. Has extra storage also. The full bath is for her things and the half bath is for my stuff.

Stay safe, Stay well.
Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #42

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
When you are young and do not have any medical problems, and when you have to go you can take the time to pull over at the next rest stop

Stay safe, Stay well.
For the driver, that's going to happen regardless of your age, barring wearing a big boy/ girl diaper .