Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #43

Two is very convenient. We spend a lot of time traveling in the RV. I wouldn't own a house with just one either.
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2020, 03:38 PM   #44

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One bath is just fine for us. Wonder who has three baths in their RV, Hers, His and guests?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #45

We wanted a separate shower from the toilet. We have it in our class C and spent FT for 3 months last fall. Never a problem.
JLRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #46

Two baths

In order to have a larger kitchen, we opted for one bath, although our 2018 Newmar Ventana LE has a split bath, with the toilet in a separate ‘room’. I share the bathroom with three females (my wife and two cats) so sometimes I have to wait my turn. Seldom much of an issue. Much prefer the additional work space in the kitchen.
GJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #47

We have the bath and a half, and it's great when on the move because the main bath in the rear isn't accessible with the slide in. Otherwise it's not a big deal either way.
bird6465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #48

Love our bath and a half, but it is vaccuflush. So if ones down there both down.
Larry35k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
First off....whenever this question is asked, all those with single toilet RV's will tell you they don't need a second toilet (note the responses and their coach age/size....no half bath). To say otherwise, would be an admission that their RV has shortcomings.

Second, the half bath was not designed to just give the rich and famous another bathroom. The half bath came to fruition because people got tired of the split bath design and were calling for a larger all in one bathroom. The demand for the bigger all in one bath forced the bathroom to the rear of the RV. Since it's in the rear, it's blocked while the coach is closed up during travel. The solution was the half bath.

We've had three DP's over the years. The last two have been bath and half coaches, something we won't do without. Even though there is a slim chance a toilet will break, it's nice having the second bathroom. Just like another poster, I stay up later than my wife and it's nice having my own bathroom, where I won't disturb her. Several years ago, we both got the flu for three days and it was nice having two baths.

The only other bath that came close to having a bath and half was our 2005 Diplomat with a LARGE all in one bath, incorporated into a side aisle design.
2002 Dutchstar and our motorhome doesn’t have any shortcomings....to us! That’s why we did upgrades to it, after 200,000 miles. Have no desire for newer coach. We think they are very cool. But not for us. We love simple. We can get to every room while in motion. Toilet has it’s own room. Can’t remember ever thinking we wanted another bath/toilet.

With that said, I realize we all have individual likes/dislikes based on how we use our coaches. And certainly understand why some would like an extra bath. We just aren’t them.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #50

We have a bath and a half and it is fantastic! Adds Quite a bit of storage as well!
Didy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #51

Been happy with a single bath. We do have two lavatories, one with the toiler and one beside the shower. Friends have same size Tiffin with bath and half. I prefer our floor plan as they gave up storage space. Single toilet has never been a problem.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:48 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Years ago I got my first car with a sky light - which then became a must have for all future cars, only to be followed by the remote control starter, lane change safety, rear camera, heated/vented seats - you get the idea. Sure I could buy a car without all of this, but all are now must have features for every future car purchase. You can make due with one bathroom, but once you have one and a half - you won't want to. If it's a possibility - get it - you won't regret it.
MaureenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #53

We have a bath and a half and love it. We often travel with friends and being able divide the coach into to separate sleeping areas, each with there own bathroom has been an advantage.
jonthebap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #54

….one hole or two--its a personal choice....although I have to tell you that growing up back in Wisconsin, only the rich folk could afford the two holers….the one stories were the std but also saw a few 2-story models--now they were kind of scary to me?????[smile]...
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #55

We're just half timers. That said our S&B has only one bathroom and we are adjusted to that as that's also what we grew up with. Thats also what our 5th wheel has. An extra pot would seem like an extravagance to us.
Radioranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #56

Absolutely makes things easier for us. She has hers I have mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelInNM View Post
How many insist on a hole per person? [emoji23]

In all seriousness, looking at a ton of layouts for our soon to be coach. One thing we've always valued is the ability to have more than one toilet everywhere we lived. While we won't be full-timing, we will be using it more than a couple days a month (the RV and the toilet). Part of me is concerned about walking away from a "great" coach- one that has almost everything perfect we want- from that "good" coach that has everything but two rumble buckets.

For those that RV as a couple, how important is having 2 toilets on a scale from "I can hang it out the window if nobody's looking" to "I need my own dedicated space at all times just in case nature calls"?
Gary O. is offline   Reply With Quote