Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler AC Duct work

Ladies and Gents,
I'm having issues with my AC not blowing cold air forcefully to where I can feel it when sitting under an open vent. When I do the AC test it's right at 20 degree difference. I suspect that because I can feel cold air in vicinity of the shower dome that I have a cracked duck or a leak somewhere in the system. I have been trying to find a schematic/blueprint of what it actually looks like under the roof vinyl before I try exposing it.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any expirience in dealing with this and how much of a pain in the butt it is. I don't have the original lighting housing that was installed when the coach was produced. The guy I bought it from ran LED lights from front to rear and glued up velcro stripes to hold light covers in place. Its a 38' 1993 HR Navigator spartan 300alli xsmn diesel pusher w/ 8.3 cummins. Thanks in advance for any help.
Andy-
Androsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
Not sure how yours run but on my 2006 HR Admiral the drivers side duct is cut for the shower skylight. The duct from the front AC ends at the bathroom vent and the rear AC duct ends at the bedroom vent right in front of the AC behind the bathroom. The passengers side duct runs the entire length of the coach. I ran a fish tape through all the ducts and pulled a sponge through when we purchased just to make sure they were all open and not full of stuff. (Did find some trash from construction).
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androsyn View Post
Ladies and Gents,
I'm having issues with my AC not blowing cold air forcefully to where I can feel it when sitting under an open vent. When I do the AC test it's right at 20 degree difference. I suspect that because I can feel cold air in vicinity of the shower dome that I have a cracked duck or a leak somewhere in the system. I have been trying to find a schematic/blueprint of what it actually looks like under the roof vinyl before I try exposing it.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any expirience in dealing with this and how much of a pain in the butt it is. I don't have the original lighting housing that was installed when the coach was produced. The guy I bought it from ran LED lights from front to rear and glued up velcro stripes to hold light covers in place. Its a 38' 1993 HR Navigator spartan 300alli xsmn diesel pusher w/ 8.3 cummins. Thanks in advance for any help.
Andy-
Why don't you post some pics of your interior ceiling?

What A/C units do you have (make/model)?

In the meantime, have a look at this:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/a-c-d...ab-162093.html

In my case, the lack of flow was caused by ductwork collapse at the airboxes. The ductwork that runs the length of the coach was fine.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #4

Yeah It's a coleman basement mounted AC. The ducting starts from the basement and works up behind the sink and stove fixtures and then i believe it just T's off at the ceiling. I will snap a few pics when I get home and post them up.
Andy-
Androsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androsyn View Post
Yeah It's a coleman basement mounted AC. The ducting starts from the basement and works up behind the sink and stove fixtures and then i believe it just T's off at the ceiling. I will snap a few pics when I get home and post them up.
Andy-
Can't help you with basement A/C but the pics may be helpful.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
My Diplomat looked like the duct runs were made of duct board and ran all the way from front to back ( ac is in the ceiling ) I found a mouse had made a hole in it and plugged that with metal tape and a board. Was able to have a look with an inspection mirror and a flashlight after removing one of the vent covers. The biggest problem however was that the divider between the hot and cold decks had come loose and allowed the air to mix. Repaired that with more metal tape and seems ok now. One thing that surprised me was that both front and rear ac units feed into the same runs
Mike D

Tags
holiday rambler