Time to think about your home safety.
New Year's is always a good reminder and time to think about your home safety devices as well as a emergency response/evacuation plans. This "thinking" should be also shared with both children or elderly living in your household. This can include both your Motor-Home and your S&Bs base home.
Home Safety is also something to remind your other family members of including elderly parents, etc. as they too may forget there is need to ensure their devices are working properly.
The list can and should include but may not be limited to many of the following:
- Smoke/CO2 detectors (change batteries, test)
- Fire Extinguishers (inspect, replace them as needed)
- First Aid Kits (contents replenishment or replacement)
- Practicing escape routes & devices particularly if >1 floor
- Night Lights (ensure they work and are properly positioned)
- Flashlights (changing batteries)
- Motion detectors and other exterior lighting (working)
- Emergency Contact Lists (update)
- Spare Key's (hidden, stored with a neighbor, etc)
- Insurance (check policies and ensure appropriate coverage)
Be Safe, Stay Safe and have a Happy New Year knowing you've done your part to ensure your home is safe.