Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #127

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Al I can say is that I would of loved to be in a position to help. I bought an older rig too and may come a callin someday.

The sheriff said they have been getting help from a local church. That shows a legitimate need. Whether everything else was fully explained or just someone at their wits end and not able to explain what is going on Or something dishonest is not my place to determine up to an until something else is proven.

I hope the locals there can help them get situated. She said her husband is a disabled veteran - on oxygen - that is serious business (I am in the same situation so I know). I have nothing but hope for this family.

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2016, 08:37 PM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I re-read every post, and no - Fay68 did not "continue" to say they were cold and still in the RV. Most of the posts were asking for help in diagnosing the no-power situation despite putting in new batteries.....
You are right, I probably got that from all the post of the weather conditions and members here recommending that they get out of the cold.
I should of verified that before I posted that. I apologize for misleading.

But, it does not excuse her from not saying that they were in a nice warm place and leaving members (like me) thinking they were still in the RV. She ignored all the posts recommending that.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #129

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Post
But, it does not excuse her from not saying that they were in a nice warm place and leaving members (like me) thinking they were still in the RV. She ignored all the posts recommending that.
Clearly, she did not ignore those posts, she simply didn't advertise what steps she had taken.

Only you are responsible for what you think, or how you allow others to influence your thinking.

Please folks, don't judge too harshly. There is still an RV with a problem that needs help.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #130

Let's leave it to God to do the judging, and pray that He's not in too harsh a mood when he judges us.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:55 PM   #131
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Everyone can speculate until the cows come home on the reasoning behind not revealing the alternative accommodations. Please don't jump to conclusions. As previously stated, there is still an old, disabled RV that, for all we know, is their only real home. They will still need help w/that, although hopefully the area's social services will be assisting them with their troubles.

Thank you to all who offered concern & helpful advice.

Lori-
Old 12-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #132

One of my concerns are for those here that cared.

They cared enough to contact local authorities. There is a possibility, because they felt taken advantage of, may not participate in helping a person in real need in the future. That person in real need will be harmed.

There a psychological occurrence called compassion fatigue, also known as secondary traumatic stress (STS), is a condition characterized by a gradual lessening of compassion over time.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #133

Cats out of the bag.......

Motel ROOM vs motel parking lot for past 3 days per authorities

First post by OP was 2 days ago.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:18 AM   #134

To everyone: I deeply apologize if I misled anyone. When I first came to this forum, I was looking for pointers about RV living. The RV brakes were failing when we were on our way down the mountain to the Springs. We pulled into the first place we came to which was a motel. We figured we would spend the night in the RV and try to fix the brakes the next day. We couldn't find the brake reservoir for the truck. A guy from Facebook came and looked at the truck to help us get it running. A member of my husband church had put us up in the motel for the night. He told us if we couldn't get the RV running the following day, he would pay for another night. We couldn't get it running so he paid for another night. He said he would pay one more night but that was all. The RV is will not running. I know whoever called the authoritias was only trying to help and I appreciate it. But it didn't turn out like we hoped. With the RV being changed over to so many hands before it got to us didn't help the situation. We were told that if they see the RV on the road, it would get towed. So now we are just trying to sell it but we have everything we own in it. We have to find a way to get a storage building or somewhere to store our things. I want to move back East to SC but we can't leave our things behind. I have been stressed for the past few days. We are very grateful for my husbands church member to put us up in the motel. I am not very good at explaining things, especially when I am this upset. My husband is disabled and has to wear oxygen. I worry more about him than I do myself. I am a diabetic and I have diabetic neuropathy. It is very painful on the bottom of my feet. I hope I have not made anyone upset Here. If I did, I apologize. After tonight, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I will try and keep you all updated on our situation if you like when I can get near WiFi. This started out with questions on the RV. Now it's beyond that. Like someone said it's a social issue. I did take the advice of some members here. Leadville is a very small town and don't have many resources.I went to human resources for help at the beginning of this month and they said they didn't have any funds with it being the holiday season.
The reason we are homeless is because we were one week late on our rent after paying on time for two years and they gave us the boot, no second chances. She said "Its nothing you did and nothing personal, it's just business". We found out later that the complex we were staying in was bought out for 13 million dollars sight unseen. It was bought by a japanesecmam who wanted to turn the low income apartments into high priced condos.
I am writing this to all who tried to help us. I appreciate all your advice. I felt you needed to know the whole story. Thank you again. Please forgive me if I have caused harm to anyone here.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:38 AM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Too late now but it would have been prudent to have known your rights as a tenant before getting the "boot".

Eviction Notices for Nonpayment of Rent in Colorado

In some states I have read where people stay for months without paying rent before the landlord can legally remove the tenant. Not saying it's right just saying there are all types of people in this world.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 12-06-2016, 04:25 AM   #136

Can you post a pic of yout motorhome?
Old 12-06-2016, 05:10 AM   #137

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrampaDennis View Post
Let's leave it to God to do the judging, and pray that He's not in too harsh a mood when he judges us.
Thank you for posting that!
Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 AM   #138

National RV Owners Club
Yes please post a picture of the RV and open the hood and take a picture. I'm sure we can help you find the brake reservoir.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:21 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrbe View Post
Yes please post a picture of the RV and open the hood and take a picture. I'm sure we can help you find the brake reservoir.
She mentioned they found the reservoir under the drivers seat

Tags
gas