Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2020, 05:09 PM   #15

I certainly would let the dealer do the mods to make it right. I would also want to know what they propose before they do it.
It looks like MAYBE the gray is pushing the black outlet closer to the wall? But hard to tell from the pic.
Would be interesting to disconnect the gray at the slide gate to see where the pipes would fall without any forces on them but not sure I'd want to mess with it when IRS the dealer/mfg problem!
Maybe a Fernco flex coupler to connect the black gate valve to the cut pipe would allow some movement and prevent stress. A smaller size in the gray may also help.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Fernco-1...hoC1JgQAvD_BwE
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #16

Personally I would make them fix it. I understand it is new and you don't really want them tearing into it but it will always be a issue.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
That is a crazy tight fit!

Any chance you could get a clear 45 elbow on and glue it in place?

I am really happy with the clear elbow I have. Great to see how clean the tank is getting when doing a rinse.

Hope you get it worked out, because it's one of those not so nice jobs that has to be done.

Here's a pic of my wet bay.

Happy Glamping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH water bay.png
Views:	38
Size:	644.4 KB
ID:	282255  
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:17 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's way wrong of course.

Maybe a angled short piece or two to go on the outlet and bring it over the hole in the floor. I want a short clear section there anyway, so I can see what going on.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unplanned View Post
That is a crazy tight fit!

Any chance you could get a clear 45 elbow on and glue it in place?

I am really happy with the clear elbow I have. Great to see how clean the tank is getting when doing a rinse.

Hope you get it worked out, because it's one of those not so nice jobs that has to be done.

Here's a pic of my wet bay.

Happy Glamping.
Gluing the clear 45 might be the right solution to alleviate both the positioning and my leak concerns.

I appreciate your wetbay photo... Your “Y” connector to cover both the fresh water and the black flush is an interesting addition. I am trying to picture whether there is any potential for bacteria to work back towards the fresh tank? I assume you have already worked through those concerns...

2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P / 2015 Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 06:03 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Irgomez... The closet is a new concept to me. Storage compartment, might be a better term... although i will not be storing much in a compartment with an open sewer pipe in it...

I ran up to grab some images. You will see the 3/4" shim jammed in there to give me room to connect.

Take it back to the Dealer for a warranty repair! That's why it has a warranty!
Sadly it was poor workmanship at time of assembly. Get the Dealer to contact Fleetwood about the "remedy"!
As a suggestion, the black tank line needs to be moved at least 2" to the left, & that would require cutting & shortening the 45 & a coupler added! But they can figure it out! Sad that you have to deal with such a situation!
Good Luck!
Jabber Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:22 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
It looks like MAYBE the gray is pushing the black outlet closer to the wall? But hard to tell from the pic.
That's what it looks like to me, as well.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald One View Post
Yesterday was the first experience I have had with the dump station on my new 2020 Bounder 35P... Were they drunk when they designed this???

My dump setup is inside a closet... The pipe is not over the floors access hole and it is so tight against the sides of the closet that I could not physically attach the sewer hose! My temporary fix was to jam some shims between the pipe and the closet walls to force it out far enough to be able to connect the hose. This cannot stay as I am afraid the strain on the pipes could loosen a joint and lead to leaks.

Looking to see if others have encountered the same issue and how they have resolved it.

Initially I had hoped to just leave my Rhino Hose connected, but the fittings are so long that you cannot get the cover back in place with the hose connected. I did find a short section of Rhino on Amazon specifically for tight closets... It looks like the fittings are shorter, so it might work. I also considered whether I could have the dealer cut the pipe and then add a pair of 45’s to move the connection out over the hole. I already have to go back for a dozen or so minor warranty issues so this would just be added to the list.
I would take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it while it's still under warranty. Just poor quality and no quality control.
bhammond1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:46 PM   #23

Dealer not open!

So I do agree that the dealer needs to look at it... Problem is in our area RV Service Centers are not on the list of essential services and as a result are currently closed. I actually have a great dealer that schedules 3 warranty appointments in the first year... my first one is scheduled May 11th and Ontario is in lockdown to May 12th.

I have no idea when I will actually be able to camp or get service so I have to resolve this issue at least temporarily on my own. I think it is very likely I will only get one warranty appointment in once the camping season ends.

I will start with the short Rhino hose and if need be will order a clear 45. Hopefully those can get me through the season.
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:56 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Horrible Dump Station!

I agree with what the OP mentions regarding the photo of the black tank flush directly connected to the fresh water line. A big no no without a back flow preventer to keep any possible contact with fresh water from the black tank.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #25

I'd just fix it and go on with my isolation.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #26

There is already a vacuum breaker installed at the high point of the flush line--won't backfeed. You are right, it doesn't meet a code spec, but the chances of the problems occurring should be much less than picking up the virus. Used a similar setup on my Suites for years.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 08:29 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
I have a double valve set-up for the water supply to the black tank rinse.

There is pressure on the second valve before it's opened, so no chance of back-flow.

I know it's not to code, but it's approved by my wife.

She is an Operating Room RN, managed the ENT and was there for 20 years, so if anyone knows about sterile situations, she does.

I won't ask anyone to drink the water from our fresh tank. But I do have a few drops in a good glass of scotch now and then.

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #28

That is the proper use of a disinfectant/sanitizer...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote