Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2022, 02:41 PM   #1

Horseshoe Tires

Has anyone on here heard of Horseshoe tires. Thanks
surfecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2022, 03:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Never heard of it, but there are lots of no-name brands produced by Chinese tire factories. It doesn't cost much to have a unique name embossed on the side of a tire to create your own brand.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfecho View Post
Has anyone on here heard of Horseshoe tires. Thanks
Enlighten us. Where did you hear about them?
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:30 PM   #4

All my notes say is that it's a tire imported from China by a Chinese company that is registered as an online parts store here in the U.S. called Christ-One Auto Parts but officially documented as Christ-One Industries Group. I believe the actual manufacturer of that brand of tire is Qinigdao Shanghe Rubber Technology Co., Ltd that is located in Jiaonan, on mainland China. They also make more familiar Chinese brands like Aeolus, West Lake, and a few others that are sold in the U.S.

I just looked online and appears their (Christ-One) warehouse is in Las Vegas but their company contact number has a New York area code.

From what I can gather by searching around is that their tires seem to be priced high for what you're getting. They sell through Amazon, ebay, Priority Tire, and a few other online vendors.

My own opinion: of course, if you've been reading my posts in tire threads here on the forum, I'm personally against buying any tire where the profits or part of the profits end up in China (PRC). Not because the products are "necessarily" inferior but I do not want to purchase products where any money ends up in the PRC. We are all forced to buy and consume products from China but if I have the choice to buy a product where part of the profits end up in China, it's my preference not to and look for a comparable product. Again, it's my own political stance and something we can't delve into here on the forum.

Like I mentioned, these tires seem more expensive than they should be for an imported product from the PRC so I would rather choose another comparable tire. Even if I have to pay a bit more, I rather stay away from this tire --even though it may be a perfectly safe and well-engineered tire.

This is only my opinion and from what I've previously written in my personal RV journal ...and from recently doing some research online. If I'm incorrect, which I often am, I welcome to be corrected.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:52 PM   #5

Why would anyone want to buy no name tires? Why would anyone want to support a Comminist country? There are lots of good options.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 06:37 AM   #6

My situation is that I bought a motorhome with the tires on it. They are new with only a few hundred miles on them. While I would prefer another brand I do not want to buy another 6 tires right now. I was hoping someone may have had experience with them. Thanks for the comments.
Old 10-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #7

Did you check to confirm the tires are the size and rating of the OEM tires for the coach? If so, they should be OK as I believe in order to be sold in the US, they have to meet the same safety requirements that the brand name tires do. I agree that an unknown brand would not be my choice, but as you already have them, keep them inflated above the minimum for the load they are carrying and enjoy the new motorhome.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #8

I agree with Crasher's comments.

If they match or exceed the minimum specifications of the OE tires and are the exact same size, I'd leave them be as they are perfectly safe to run.

I did a search of the forum and so far, nobody has posted about that brand. It's an obscure name and relatively new for the U.S. market under that name.

I did some poking around on the internet. Somebody pointed out that even though they promote the particular tire as being "all position" worthy, there is a possibly confounding statement embossed on the sidewall: "FOR TRAILER ALL POSITION SERVICE ONLY"

Who knows how to interpret that statement? Is it "for trailer service only" or "for all positions on a trailer" or what? It leaves it a bit confusing so the reviewer stated that he would not use the tire for a "steer position" tire. Why use the wording "only" if it's an "all position" tire?? I believe that review was for a 19.5 Horseshoe commercial truck tire but no model designation was given. An image of wording on the sidewall is attached below.

On the plus side --and you have to take reviews like this with a grain of salt-- this particular reviewer lists Horseshoe as #7 on his list of "Best 22.5 RV Tires" --I do not agree with his list and would actually disagree with his assessment but at least he has a nice write-up pertaining to the Horseshoe tire.

What model designation are your Horseshoe tires? ...and what size? And again, curious of your tires have that wording mentioned on the sidewall.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	horseshoe sidewall.png
Views:	23
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	379568  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 01:33 PM   #9

theroc brings up a good point. Trailer tires have heavier sidewalls and are made to carry heavy loads in a straight line, while vehicle tires are designed to accept acceleration torque and flex in turns. You should clarify just what your tires are designed to do. It seems strange that they would imply it was a trailer tire and all position tire.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 02:34 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
Why would anyone want to buy no name tires? Why would anyone want to support a Comminist country? There are lots of good options.
Besides, everybody knows communists have never been good at making tires. The Communist Manifesto doesn't mention tires at all, I'm thinking Marx and Engels were too embarrassed to even bring it up.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 08:11 PM   #11

I found the tires on Amazon and this is how they are listed.

New HORSESHOE 275/70R22.5 18Ply I Load Heavy Duty Deep Steer All Position Motor Home & Commercial Truck Radial Tires 275 70R22.5 148/145M (1)

They do have the ""ForTrailer All Position Service only" on. Them so go figure.
Old 10-28-2022, 06:51 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
I have never seen load range I listed on a tire inflation chart. These would not be my tires of choice with that load rating.
Bruce Anthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:06 AM   #13

AFAIK imported tires are not tested by any Goverent agency
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #14

I have never seen load range I listed on a tire inflation chart. These would not be my tires of choice with that load rating.

Bruce thanks for your input. I always listen to what more knowledgeable people have to say. While the description says I the writing on the tire clearly says "Load Range J. Does that sound more in line with what I should have?

Tags
tire, tires