Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman
Do you have an outside shower that was left on at the faucet and shut off at the spray head?

ken
No, wish it was that simple!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL
Willing to bet it is a check valve....Many of us pull out the valve, remove the guts and replace it..Work very well for a quick repair... Water lines should go thru the valve before entering the tank and when leaving the tank..It is probably the one that lets water flow out of the tank but could be either....RKL
Ok not to be dumb but where is the check valve usually?
Old 08-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
The check valve is right in the connection where the hose connects to the tank. It might look like a fitting connecting the two, but it has a one way valve in it that can get gunked up and restrict flow in both directions. If you can disconnect, you can remove it, clean it out, or remove the insides to defeat valve and reinstall.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #18

Your hot water heater has a check value behind it and that's what the problem is it's in line behind hot water heater.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytow View Post
Your hot water heater has a check value behind it and that's what the problem is it's in line behind hot water heater.
This is the check valve that caused the same problem for me. No hot water from my water heater. My cold water worked fine. The valve is not on the water inlet to the hot water heater. It is a check valve on the hot water outlet.

In my RV my water heater is under my kitchen cabinets. To find my check valve I had to remove a drawer to access the back side of my water heater.

The check valve is a brass valve about 2.5 to 3 inches long that screws into the side of the hot water heater. Your RV hot water line will connect this this valve.

Once I found it and found a replacement valve it took about a half hour to replace.

Safe Travels.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #20

On my 2003 Winnebago the check value was in the back of the hot water heater in the line, A service tech took the wall out to get to it because there was enough room to get your hand back there but it only took him 30 minutes to complete the job and it cost me $146.00 included the service call 20 miles from there shop.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Last year we wintered in the Ocala FL. area in our new Tiffin Allegro. Our friends also went with us in their 05 Monaco Knight. Two days into the trip at Lake Bryant RV Resort his shower conncetion ruptured. The next day his toilet started leaking. Two days later his hot water heater stopped flowing. Nothing at the taps. Turned out to be the check value broke under the extreeme pressure and the valve itself blew into the water outlet and plugged the passage. Once the metal valved replacement was installed not a problem since. You will need a small piece of pecs pipe, about 15 inches lond to put the bypass back in place. Good luck.
silverado574 is offline   Reply With Quote