Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #15

Backside of water heater
COLD line inlet (BOTTOM) and a HOT line outlet (TOP).
If you have a BYPASS line it will connect between COLD & HOT.

Drain water heater tank via drain plug in outside compartment.
Drain COLD & HOT water lines (RV Plumbing System) viz the LOW POINT Drains (ones that go thru floor to outside and onto ground)

Atwood OR Suburban do NOT supply isolation valves/bypasses/check valves etc.
RV MFG. installs those so no real standards.
Some no valving
Some 1 valve and then a check valve
Some 2 valves and a check valve
Some 3 valves
ETC.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #16

I installed a water heater bipass, and winterizing valve near the pump, on our '93/4 Flair last winter. The bipass looked like ScottyByes diagram except it only had two valves, one at each juncture of the line and bipass line. They were 1/4 turn two way valves and directed fluid either through the line while blocking the bipass or, through the bipass while blocking the line. Don't forget to drain the tank. You may decide to replace the plug there with a valve.

You are very correct, there is very little working space. I removed a panel held in place by a few (4?) screws and a heater duct that ran through that area, collapsing it back beyond the water heater. That gained a little more room. I was concerned about leaks and was happy with the water heater bipass, but not so much with the winterizing valve. With it I had to add a bit of line and move the water pump to make room in the line for the valve. There is a very small leak in it that I still have to correct.

Best of luck.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipstick67 View Post
Thanks Scotty for all the info and links that's just what I was looking for.
Glad we could help....
ScottyBye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #18

So much for a year old memory in a 77 year old head. I was out working on the leak yesterday and determined that I removed two panels to get to the water heater. One near the floor with 4 screws and another one inside a door held by 4 screws.

Hopefully, you already have this done, but I thought I'd add this in case you didn't.

Steve
Old 11-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #19

My leak appears to be fixed.

While I was there I verified that there are two drains in mine (26' '94 Flair) that go through the floor just forward of the water heater. The only way to get to them is to remove one of the two panels mentioned in an earlier post. I didn't want you to miss them. There are also two drains under the shower and one for the fresh tank.

Hope you get them all and there are no problems.

Steve
Old 11-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dix39 View Post
My leak appears to be fixed.

While I was there I verified that there are two drains in mine (26' '94 Flair) that go through the floor just forward of the water heater. The only way to get to them is to remove one of the two panels mentioned in an earlier post. I didn't want you to miss them. There are also two drains under the shower and one for the fresh tank.

Hope you get them all and there are no problems.

Steve
I have opened the drain valves on the WH and on the fresh tank, didn't know about the shower. I'll check that out. Thanks dix39
dipstick67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water