Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #15

We did buy new batteries yesterday but the same thing is going on. When plugged into electric the inverter is not recharging the battery. The engine will recharge it. We will goback to La Mesa RV again today. Hopefully I can speak to the service manager and get it fixed. Will let you all know how that goes.
pst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
In your first post you said La Mesa was ripping you off, why would you go back?
Has anyone tested the inverter/charger for 12 volt output?
Has anyone checked the transfer switch?
Is the inverter/charger turned on and the breaker in the on position?
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #17

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
Has anyone tested the inverter/charger for 12 volt output?
Has anyone checked the transfer switch?
Is the inverter/charger turned on and the breaker in the on position?
All very good suggestions.

They just bought the rv from La Mesa maybe hoping dealership will fix it!
And they La Mesa should fix it for free, what ever it takes..
Also take it to another dealer to see what they say it is and cost.
Then go back to La Mesa and show them! The problem could be there own tech or equipment.

In FL do they have a grace period to return RV? In TX it's 30 days most don't know that. Call around and asked other dealers, State of FL to see if there is a law. Don't give up, Better Business Bureau is a good thing! Just don't loose your cool, that's hard to do. Be polite smile tell them you know there trying(while biting tongue) sugar always works better. After it's done then write a bad review..
Good luck..
Just Don
Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #18

A loose wire to the converter! After 4 hours at La Mesa the service adviser told us they found a loose wire and it is now fixed. Our Email to Customer Relations and the Service Manager must have worked, the total demeanor was different very considerate, listened intently and apologized that it had not been fixed on the other 2 visits. The squeeky wheel gets the oil. I always try to give people the opportunity to make it right. However, when it does not happen, I will go up the chain of command nicely but persistently. We will know by tomorrow morning if it is really working. One more day won't hurt to be sure it is fixed. Thanks so much for all the comments and direction. You guys are great! Will let you know if we are on the road to Maine in the morning. I am a Happy Camper today!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #19

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
You go boy or gals!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #20

I didn't read all the posts - but I had a similiar situation and thought my batteries weren't charging....came down to I checked everything and my batteries weren't old. I had a bad frame ground and everything appeared to be working - but it wasn't working well enough to give a good charge. Make sure you check both ends of your grounds and make sure they are grounded well at the frame.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 AM   #21

It's a go!! The batteries are getting charged. It was the loose wire to the charger. I am happy to say that La Mesa RV in Sanford FL fixed the problem. They did honor the warranty of 15 days!! Thanks again for all your support. RVers are the best!!

Sue and Paul

Tags
battery