Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #1

Houston are repair center ?

Anyone in the Houston area have a repair center that I can trust ?

Thanks Jerry
1996VOGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #2

I'm not sure in what part of Houston you're located, but in Cypress I have used Texas RV & Car Care. I'm not sure why they have "car care" in their name, because all I saw there were RV's.

I would say good and bad things about them. First the good... Last summer I was prepping my coach to go on a long trip, and when I got it out of storage I realized the entire house power system was dead. I freaked out a bit since I was taking the family across the country the next day, but luckily the chassis system still worked so I could drive it to the Texas RV guys. They were very helpful and were able to pinpoint the problem right away. It turned out to be a blown 150A fuse in the battery compartment (which I didn't even know was there). They rush ordered the fuse from a local auto parts store, so in an hour I was on my way. They only charged for the fuse and didn't charge any labor, which I thought was nice.

Now, on the bad side, I had them remove my old tank gauge (the kind that only has 4 lights showing empty, 1/3, 2/3, full) to install a digital gauge that would give exact percentages. I was told it would take a few days and would cost around $700 of labor. After more than 3 weeks, when I picked it up, I was charged with almost $2,000 of labor. I understand it took far more work than they had anticipated as they had to basically disassemble the wet bay and tank compartments. I think they actually worked all the hours I was charged, so I don't think it was dishonest. I just would have appreciated a call telling me it was going to cost almost 3 times what I had been told. In the end, though, they did do a good job on the install.

All that being said, I would probably use them again for routine procedures, but for anything more specialized (like my gauge installation) I would be sure to get a written estimate and ask them to call if they were going to exceed that estimate.

Also, I've heard good things about RV Mobile Lube where they'll come to you and do the service, but I haven't tried them myself. I probably will next time I'm due for service.

Here are the web links:

Texas RV and Car Care Home

RV Mobile Lube - Home

Good luck!
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #3

Try RV masters they have done a great
job for me. I tried Texas RV they were ok
for maintenance but you unit will be
stored out in their parking lot not
behind a locked fence. RV masters
will have it inside their fenced area
Smoore79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoore79 View Post
Try RV masters they have done a great
job for me. I tried Texas RV they were ok
for maintenance but you unit will be
stored out in their parking lot not
behind a locked fence. RV masters
will have it inside their fenced area
This is a good point about Texas RV. Their parking lot is not only not behind a fence, but it is REALLY small and packed with lots of RV's. I was pretty nervous having them move my rig around in such a small space.
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:16 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Wendell at Tech Center in Kingwood has treated me fairly if you are in that area.
txrdrsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrdrsfan View Post
Wendell at Tech Center in Kingwood has treated me fairly if you are in that area.
I did not feel I was treated fairly and will never use again.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #7

Check out the web-site "RV Service Reviews". You'll find a whole list of reviews by state and city.

WM

Tags
repair