RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #1

Houston - Recommended Diesel Pusher Service Center

Good Morning. My wife and I recently bought a 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 340. It is a 2019, but it was brand new off the lot. I don't need maintenance yet, but I am trying to do my homework on finding a reputable service center before I need it. Tiffin lists a couple on their site. I called Tiffin, and they reiterated the same two recommendations over the phone. When I read the online reviews of both of them, they aren't so great. I realize reviews need to be taken in context, but when there are numerous bad reviews, it gets my attention. Does anyone from the Houston area recommend a good service center they've had good experience with in servicing their diesel pusher? Thanks for your help. Tom
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2020, 11:12 AM   #2

Have you looked here?

RV Service Reviews
Old 09-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #3

lllkrob - did you provide the full address in the link provided? When I click on it, my browser can't find a page there. I have never heard of RV Service Reviews, but I am going to Google them now. Thanks, Tom
Old 09-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #4

Are you looking for service on:

Chassis

Motorhome structure

RV systems

And, what are of Houston are you in?
Old 09-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegats1 View Post
Good Morning. My wife and I recently bought a 2019 Tiffin Allegro Red 340. It is a 2019, but it was brand new off the lot. I don't need maintenance yet, but I am trying to do my homework on finding a reputable service center before I need it. Tiffin lists a couple on their site. I called Tiffin, and they reiterated the same two recommendations over the phone. When I read the online reviews of both of them, they aren't so great. I realize reviews need to be taken in context, but when there are numerous bad reviews, it gets my attention. Does anyone from the Houston area recommend a good service center they've had good experience with in servicing their diesel pusher? Thanks for your help. Tom
Another Houston guy here. I've learned that there are a couple of good places around, it depends on where in Houston you are and what type of maintenance your're looking for. Fill in the blanks and I and a few other guys can give you some leads. Congrats on the new rig. Tiffen makes a nice product.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
thegats --

Welcome to the forum! There are many good forum members willing to provide help anytime!

Congrats on the purchase of your Allegro Red! Is it the first motorhome you've owned? Where did you purchase your Allegro? Being a new coach, if warranty work is required DeMontrond RV is the Tiffin dealer in the Houston area --> https://www.demontrondrv.com/ I don't know if DeMontrond provides good service or not.

For non-warranty work, I've had good service from both RV Masters located on Bingle Road north of I-10 and at Cummins Coach Care located on the northeast corner of the I-601 Loop. This is the link to RV Masters' website --> https://www.rvmastersinc.com/

This is the link to Cummins Coach Care --> https://www.cummins.com/engines/moto...rvice-location

Both RV Masters and Cummins Coach Care provide chassis and coach service.

For my annual engine oil and filters changes (oil filter, fuel/water separator, fuel filter, air filter, etc.) I use Lube Zone (B-Line) in Brookshire, TX. Their service is great and their cost is ~30% less than RV Masters or Cummins Coach Care --> Lube Zone Truck Lube Center - Texas, Georgia, Oklahoma, California

For routine oil/filter changes I've also used RV Mobile Lube with great success. Recently their availability has been questionable but are worth a try --> RV Mobile Lube - Home

And finally, for routine washing and detailing of a motorhome (or any other RV), Extreme RV Mobile Detailing provides exceptional service at a very reasonable cost --> https://rvextremedetail.net/

I hope this info is helpful. Where in the Houston area are you located?
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #7

X2 for RV Mobile Lube. Let me know if interested and I can message you his cell#.

Watch out for DeMontrond. I hear they are not good.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:23 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Yep, Mike at RV Mobile Lube. He comes to you, does not spill a drop, and his price is very competitive. Been using him for years.
AE Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #9

Wow, thanks for the responses. I live in the Clear Lake area; however, if it means getting service from a reputable service center, I'm willing to drive there. I bought this coach from Campers Inn RV in Byron, Georgia. It's an early model of the Red 340 (2019). This is the first coach I've owned. In fact, it is the only coach I've driven. Yes, we dove right in. We love it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear on the type of service. I'm mainly referring to the chassis/Cummins routine maintenance. For the coach, Tiffin highly recommended Carey's RV Service. I've been in touch with Cliff Carey for some warranty work on the coach. Turns out, after making future plans to have Cliff do the work (mostly minor things), our shower leaked some water onto the bedroom floor one weekend. While laying on the bathroom floor inspecting the bottom of the shower through the access opening, I looked up the wall and saw about a 5 or 6 inch crack in the fiberglass (not even a seam....flat wall section). Not happy. I called Tiffin, and they agreed of course I can try and find someone here to fix this, but they highly suggested I take it to Red Bay. I will just have them take care of all of it. I'll be leaving on the 4th.

I've already seen the reviews for RV Masters and Cummins Coach Care. I suppose not everyone can be happy, but there were multiple bad reviews for both. But there are tons of good reviews too. Once I return from Red Bay I plan to get the oil changed at a minimum. I may try RV Mobile Lube if they are available, or Lube Zone Truck Lube Center. Thanks for these referrals.

fagnaml, thanks for the Extreme RV Mobile Detailing referral. I've also been searching for something like this too.

Thanks to all of you.
Tom

Tags
diesel, service