RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #1

How do you install a washer dryer combo in Coachmen Mirada 35BH

We just bought a 2020 Coachmen Mirada 35BH. A must for me was the washer dryer. They said it's plumbed and ready. Looking at it in detail now, I have no idea how they made it fit. Has anyone installed a washer/dryer combo in their RV? Any help and pictures would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

tiggerx40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
The laundry machines in most RVs are much smaller than a typical residential machine. I haven’t seen a new Mirada in person, but the website photos make it look like the washer/dryer fits into the cabinet between the sink and toilet, at about the same height as the vanity countertop. This is not uncommon. The most difficult part of it is getting the machine into the RV and maneuvering it into the cabinet. They are quite heavy, and there are no good handholds. After wrestling with my own for a little while, I loaded the machine into my van, delivered it to a local shop, then went back home for the RV. It was quite a task for two young men to even get the machine through the entry door, and I had to remove the bathroom door from the hinges to get it through the hallway.

If you are buying a vented machine, you’ll want to take extra care to identify the correct location for the dryer vent. It is common to see a sticker or some other marking on the interior wall that shows the location to cut a hole through the wall for the dryer vent. There are too many stories of the sticker being absent, or in the wrong location, to inspire sufficient confidence for cutting a large hole through the wall. Insufficient supporting structure for the vent can lead to water leaks that will cause serious damage to the RV.

slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Try youtube. I installed our W/D (splendide) in our coach. The wife 68 and I 63 got it through the door and I put it on a little 4 wheel furniture dolly. No big deal (104 lbs) just wear gloves to protect your hands from any sharp edges. The hardest part for me was digging out the electrical connection. Good luck.

Tags
ada, coachmen, install, mirada