Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #1
WDW

How does Blue Beacon work

Thinking a head to summer travels and I haven't seen too many comments about Blue Beacon.

I don't mind washing the coach, but sometimes finding a facility is difficult.

Are they a hand / brush wash garage with a crew or is it some type of automatic facility?

If you are towing a car, do you unhook it?

Tipping - assuming folks are working for a living, tip before or after? How much?

If I'm reading their website correctly a wash is around $40.

Thanks for the advise.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #2

It's not automatic. There are guys in there washing your rig, similar to a DIY car wash stall. Just leave your toad hooked up, they'll wash it too if you want them to.
Scatterbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #3

They do a good job to get it clean. To do the tire treatment and polish wheels is extra. If car is hooked up extra to wash car.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #4

Pull up usually RV is by the foot in length,They do a pressure wash and a brush,It will be clean you can inspect and if your not happy they will rewash, Usually in and out in about 30 minutes. I own a semi truck and use these tpe washes regularly, Don't get in the line if there are a lot of trucks in front of you can be a long wait,Once you are in line your in Line,No exit but through the wash.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
There are those that would never put there coach through a truck wash, but to me it is sometimes a necessity. When we do a winter trip from WI to FL, I have to stop to get the salt and grime off once we hit southern weather. I find they do a good wherever I am in the country. I always remind them to use an appropriate pressure for gel paint. They are friendly and really do a decent job. Once you're in there, it is a 10 min job max as there are about 6 guys washing your coach at the same time. My bill. Is always around $50 and don't tip. 10 minute job for $50, I think they are getting paid enough ! When at home, I always do it myself.

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Old 02-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Last month I paid $66 for coach and car with wheel treatment, did a great job. Must have been 10 people working on it. Just get out, go in and pay as they are finishing up.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:29 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I think they do a very good job. I usually ask who distributes the tips and give him $10 before they start. They get paid $7 or $8 an hour.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you go to one without the 'rainshower' and overhead scaffolding,
they WILL do the top for free if you ask them...

I usually opt for the rain-x, wheel treatment, and undercarriage.

I've never washed any of my rv's and always have gone to them - lucky to have 2 in the dfw area...

(they have an app too to help locate them)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #9

I use Blue Beacon often. They do an OK job getting the coach clean. Get the Rain-X and the tire shine. A 40-foot coach is about 50 bucks.
Rich-n-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary1965 View Post
There are those that would never put there coach through a truck wash, but to me it is sometimes a necessity. When we do a winter trip from WI to FL, I have to stop to get the salt and grime off once we hit southern weather. I find they do a good wherever I am in the country. I always remind them to use an appropriate pressure for gel paint. They are friendly and really do a decent job. Once you're in there, it is a 10 min job max as there are about 6 guys washing your coach at the same time. My bill. Is always around $50 and don't tip. 10 minute job for $50, I think they are getting paid enough ! When at home, I always do it myself.

2010 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
Tips not mandatory of course. Those guys at Blue Beacon near me do a great job. Tips go straight to them. I look the coach over, point out any spots that need touching up and put a 20 in the jar.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:11 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The person to tip in my opinion is the crew leader. That's the person who comes out while you are still in line and asks what you want done. I tell him, and hand him $10 right there. I'll usually add something to the tip jar at the end. Never had a bad job at BB.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Ed View Post
I think they do a very good job. I usually ask who distributes the tips and give him $10 before they start. They get paid $7 or $8 an hour.
Cousin Ed
$7 or $8 an hour is a lot more than I get paid.

BTW tipping anyone before they start gets you nothing.... except a "feel good feeling"... (and "poorer").

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:29 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Johnitis Send a message via MSN to Johnitis Send a message via Yahoo to Johnitis
What?! I'd never heard of Blue Beacon. I just paid some guys in a mobile unit $250 for a wash, tire-shine, and basic interior. And I see they have one off the I-10 in LA that I'll pass Tuesday. Ugh.
Johnitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnitis View Post
What?! I'd never heard of Blue Beacon. I just paid some guys in a mobile unit $250 for a wash, tire-shine, and basic interior. And I see they have one off the I-10 in LA that I'll pass Tuesday. Ugh.
Johnitis
RVMotorcoach Wash Prices
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote