Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Talking How long does it take to sell?

I have a Fleetwood Bounder 35 K 2015 and wish to downsize. How long does it take to sell a class A? I have listed it on the lower level scale and it is in top condition with 13 K miles. Advice from those who have done this is appreciated.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager35L View Post
I have a Fleetwood Bounder 35 K 2015 and wish to downsize. How long does it take to sell a class A? I have listed it on the lower level scale and it is in top condition with 13 K miles. Advice from those who have done this is appreciated.
I have sold several RV's of all types. It seems to depend on advertising and who happens to see the add. Some of them had only one interested buyer and others had the phone tied up. Ultimately it comes down to how attractive the price is for a particular unit.

If you haven't already I would advertise in multiple places looking for the one that jumps on it. That is what determines the time factor.
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:28 PM   #3

We listed ours on Craigslist and sold it in 4 days. Ours was a $30k unit though. I had also done a ton of work/repairs/upgrades to it. Higher priced ones can take longer. Make sure the unit is as clean as possible. Make your ad as descriptive as you can listing all mods you may have done and have a ton of pics.

It's a total crapshoot. It comes down to having the right person come along.

Good luck.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #4

Sold our 5th wheel in less than a few weeks. I asked mid range for price but had done quite a few upgrades. Start your listing on CL or facebook market. I got more hits from facebook.
RVaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #5

It’s like fishing. My son can catch 2 or 3 in a half hour. It takes me nearly an hour to catch 1. It just depends on the bait you use. So put as much info in your add as you can and price it right, leaving a little room for negotiation.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #6

It all comes down to price.

Want it gone tomorrow? Price it below wholesale.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Yeap, if the price is low enough it will sell in a heartbeat. Or never, if the price is too high. And less expensive rigs sell quicker than high dollar models.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:22 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sold our 2002 gasser in 24 hours on Craigslist. Priced it to move because I needed the driveway.
33' 2008 National Tropical on a Freightliner chassis.We tow a 2001 XJ (Cherokee) RVM#189
Kahoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #9

When I sold my last one i put it on a lot. He would sell it and get a % when sold. He convinced me to price it much more than i thought it was worth. About 5 months later it finally sold. And it sold because I dropped the price to where it was supposed to be. He also changed a monthly rental for space.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #10

Depends on a lot of factors, many of which have been cited above.

I have sold 3 RV's myself. I encourage you to spend a few hours researching the listing prices of your unit on RV Trader, etc. Then, based on how fast you need or want to sell, price it accordingly. If you can't take good photos yourself, hire someone to do this. Based on your research, recall the ads that caught your attention. The ad copy should be lengthy enough to give a prospective purchaser enough information so neither of you waste your time. Be sure to prominently display in your add all of the upgrades, replacements, and recent service performed. Also, in a conversational manner, state what are the top one or two things you really like about the coach. You should also list the terms under which a sale would take place. Best of luck.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
"I have listed it on the lower level scale and it is in top condition with 13 K miles."

Use plain English in your add. Read and Re-read you add to be sure it tells your story as clearly and accurately as possible. By "listed" you mean advertised or offered, then say advertised or offered. Lower level scale -- what does that mean? Below wholesale, at NADA low book and willing to negotiate? Top condition -- what does that mean? Never smoked in, no pets, maintenance records available for review to prove immaculate care. Most people know what 13 k means, but say 13,000 instead, plain English.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #12

Post a link to your ad. (Moderators is this o.k.?) then let us critique it.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:18 PM   #13

I agree that a reasonable price and a good ad is important. On the flip side, a bad ad was what got my MH. I had been watching the two popular RV sites pretty closely and caught my Terra the day it was listed. The husband was out of town and had his wife list it, which wasn't her forte. The ad only had four pictures, listed the engine as V-8 when it was a Ford v-10, and had a few other mistakes. It was exactly what we wanted and the price looked good, so I messaged the seller and asked for more pictures. She said they were going on a trip the following week and would send me a bunch while camping. She sent about 40, but never updated the ad. I felt that I was probably the only one that had any sufficient amount of info on it. I made arrangement to drive the 300 miles down and check it out a few days later. With about a week of back and forth, we struck up a deal. I even got them to bring it to my house. You just never know.
GeorgeandTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #14

I buy and sell motor homes on a part time basis. I use my RVT account as my primary selling channel. I don’t make a living doing this, but I have worked in advertising and promotion all my professional life.
The key to a good ad are GOOD pictures and ad copy that reads in a conversational manner. If you aren’t good behind a camera, it could be worth hiring a professional photographer to shoot your pictures. Smart phone shots are usually not good enough. You need a pro camera and some auxiliary lighting gear to make things look inviting.
If I can help you with this, PM me.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell