Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I was just wondering how long some of us have had our rigs. How happy we have been with them and how we have used them? How long do you plan to keep it and will you spend the money to upgrade it rather than trade for a newer model?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I was just wondering how long some of us have had our rigs. How happy we have been with them and how we have used them? How long do you plan to keep it and will you spend the money to upgrade it rather than trade for a newer model?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:52 AM   #3

rv wizard, we bought our beaver new in 02. we fulltimed it for about 3 yrs, home base florida.
we have since moved to northern mi. and did the stick house, bought a condo site about a hundred mi. away for those easy get aways. but we now are enjoying our rig as an rv part time again! had thoughts of trading her in about a year ago but after much deliberation we decided to keep her and do much renovation, to include flat panel tv's, upgraded our tires to 275/80/22.5 h rated michelins, koni fsd shocks, all new awnings to include an eclipse patio awning,new sat. dish.
the week after next we will take her down to bremen indiana to precision paint to go over paint designs for the new paint job. all said and done we will have invested about 28 grand. a heck of a lot cheaper than new and we know what we have! jim.
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Coming up on 2 years since I bought it and moved in fulltime. No plans to come off the road.

Always making improvements.

No plans to trade it for anything bigger and better unless I hit the lottery or find a rich girlfriend. I probably stand a better chance of getting hit by lightning.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #5

Next Sunday will be 8yrs. Not planning on changing coaches, just upgrading this one as it's a good one. Very few problems and most were minor. Looks good, drives good and is a very comfortable living coach. Going to have the couch re-covered and laminate flooring put in the front. Maybe upgrade the TV and also an upgrade on the Pac Brake to the PRXB. The 99 thru 03 Windsors were the best value per$$$ that Monaco offered.
Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:09 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
By accident, design or whatever, we've kept our previous RVs about 4 years before getting a new one. Although our current one is now 4 years old, we haven't seen anything that even remotely makes us want to change to something else. We're quite happy with what we have.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #7

Location: Fulltiming. Living wherever the jacks hit the ground.
I have a 1999 Winnebago Adventure, 37G that we bought new in February of 2000. We used in from 2/2000 until 8/2004 as a part time/vacation RV. We moved into it fulltime in 8/2004 and have lived in it since then.

We have no plans to buy a new rig. When people ask me when I will buy a new MH, I tell them not until the tires fall off this one. :-)

Upgrades:
Took all the carpet out of the LR/Galley/Bath area and put in a high quality vinyl, seamless from drivers area to the door of the bedroom.

Remodeled the rig by getting rid of the booth, putting in table and chairs, a new cabinet behind the table, and a new ultra-leather couch with huge drawers underneath.

Had the awning upgraded to Carefree of Colorado Eclipse electric/auto retract arms.

Installed a built in vacuum.

Took out the old 19" tube TV and had the TV area rebuilt and installed a 32" LCD/HDTV.

Upgraded the electric from 30 amp to 50 amp.

Changed the battery setup from 2 12 volt to 4 6 volt.

Installed a system of shelves in the closet where the washing machine would go.

It's the rig we are happy with, and our plan is to use it until we are tired of the fulltime life style, then put a park model on one of your lots in AZ.

Living in the MH in Yellowstone NP until September 29th.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Wizard:
I was just wondering how long some of us have had our rigs. How happy we have been with them and how we have used them? How long do you plan to keep it and will you spend the money to upgrade it rather than trade for a newer model? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike;
We purchased our Chieftain used from Lazydays in March 05. We have usually traded after 5 years. I have added a couple of track bars, shocks, and Ultra Power. My DW says she will not let me trade until she can find a floor plan she likes as well as our Chieftain. I would really like a new Workhorse UFO but I can't find a box builder with a floor plan that she would be happy with.
I will continue to maintain & upgrade ours as we have no plans to trade.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:07 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Three years now. First time I've had a coach long enough for the warranty (3 year) to run out. But we love it and have no plans on trading for a new one (although we still look at them).
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Kept the previous coach (bought new in 2002) through five years of use and decided we wanted a triple slide unit to get more lounge area space. Bought a used 04 and are going on two years in that. We have upgraded & remodeled the 04 to our liking and do not expect to ever trade again. May be some remodeling from time to time, though.

We are half timers, about 7 months a year in the coach, so making it "our home" is important to us.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #11

I've only had mine for about 4 months now, but so far I love it! It fits my purposes perfectly. It's older and has very few electroinics, so my parasitic draw is very low. This is great for me since so far I've exclusively used it to boondock, mostly in the mid Michigan area. I've only used it 4 times so far this year, but still have a couple more trips planned for this fall. I can't see getting anything newer or bigger at this point since this suits my needs, it has a rear bedroom, full bath, and kitchen. The only other trailer I'd really like to have would be an Airstream, but at this point they're abit out of my price range. It really has pretty much everything that a new trailer would have except maybe a TV, but I don't go camping to sit in it and watch TV anyways! I do have a few things I'd like to upgrade, but who doesn't have a wish list!

RedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I decided last month that since I don't have to save for retirement anymore, that I would buy a new Voyage. My 35U was great but it seemed like something was lacking and I just kept looking. No more. This one is great. I don't see trading even in the far future. One nice thing about it is I don't see any need for "upgrades"
Old 08-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #13

We've been fulltiming in our Laredo for just over 3 years now, and the only problem we've had is a lack of storage (DW's clothes and shoes) as we don't have a bedroom slide. I know some say that "you can't fulltime in that, you must have XXX" but we are quite comfortable, thank you very much. We do plan on getting the 2 slide 33' Carriage Cameo in a couple of years though, as we both like the bathroom setup and it isn't too long.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #14

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We are in a different sitation that most folks here. We are still camping with our kids (3 of them) so we have a bunk model. We've had it for about 18 months now. We will most likely upgrade to a newer model in about 5 years when we don't need the bunks anymore. We'd like to get a DP that has two sleeper sofas. That's a long ways off for us though. And I'm not rushing it...we are really enjoying all of the family trips we've been able to take </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote