Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullflavor View Post
Is it worth getting a extended warranty?
In my case no; if I had bought the extended warrenty for each of my motorhomes over the last 25 years and paid $1000 a year I would have spent $25,000 dollars. I have not put anywhere near that amount in repairs in the last 25 years.
as was said before; you pay your money and take your chances,.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 AM   #30

how much does this cost? thanks
faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #31

price of warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
We have the ESP from Good Sam. Seemed to offer the most for the best price. have used it once or twice with no problems.
how much does the good sam cost? have you heard of having an extended warranty that is insured? thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #32

cost of plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythplaced View Post
Bought "The Plan" from PRIZM....covers most everything, have already used 50% of the initial cost in the first 6 months of ownership....

For us seems to have been a good decision.
how much did your plan cost and how did you buy it? please give e-mail address for co. or phone #, we're going to take the plunge and purchase a used 2004 with 4,000 miles. thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #33

warranty

Quote:
Actually mine is an "Insurance Policy" against breakdown, not a warranty or service contract...but it doesn't matter anyway...RV breaks, I get it fixed, they write me a check, I pretty much don't care what it is called..
is your plan an extended warranty or as you say a plan from an insurance co. we are buying a used 2004 and i'm trying to learn as much as possible. where did you get your plan and what was the cost.thanks
Old 07-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #34

We purchased Freedom Care when we bought our motorhome. We have used it 3 times with no problems at all. We are very pleased with the service.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
how much did your plan cost and how did you buy it? please give e-mail address for co. or phone #, we're going to take the plunge and purchase a used 2004 with 4,000 miles. thanks
http://www.gswtheplan.com/C-rvp.html

http://www.prizm.net/RVServiceAgreements.html
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #36

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
If your buying from a dealer negociate into the deal. The rt 66 extended warranty is around $2000.00. I would guess good sam to be in that ball park.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #37

Quote:
Bought "The Plan" from PRIZM....covers most everything, have already used 50% of the initial cost in the first 6 months of ownership....

For us seems to have been a good decision.

IS THIS PLAN FROM A CO. IN COLORADO?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #38

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by faye View Post
IS THIS PLAN FROM A CO. IN COLORADO?
Yes it is...
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #39

Good Sam ESP

If you break down after hours, weekends or holidays (when I seem to travel the most) the ESP office is closed. You'll have to wait until the next business day to get your claim refused or approved.

My experience is they go out of their way to avoid paying out claims.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #40

Howdy,

We're buying a '99 Dutch Star DP. Dealer's price on a 4 year / 48k Alligiance warranty is $3.5k.

Its our first diesel, first "holy crap is that big" motorhome (we had an older small class A on a P30 up to now). I'm ok with paying some money for peace of mind as I get used to all the new systems and such.

My question is... Is $3.5k a reasonable price? Warranty covers everything except normal wear & tear like brakes, tires, etc. Any horror stories with Alligance?

Thanks!

Mark
marka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Question

I have a 2007 Class A that I purchased in March with only 1400 miles on it, basically a new motorhome. It still has about 18 months/31,000 miles left on the Ford chassis warranty. I have looked at several extended warranties, equipment insurance or whatever your choice of words are for someone else to pay for repairs for the entire coach, and I am looking at just purchasing the Ford extended care package that will cover the Ford portion only.

My question to those that have a extended warranty is: Of the repairs that have been paid for by the extended warranty, have those repairs been for the drive train or for such things as generator, roof air conditioning, frig, microwave, tv, dvd or ?

Thanks!!

Ronnie

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
I bought the extended coverage ONLY because we were buying a 1994 motor home and didn't know it's past history. As big a fan as I am of the extended coverage, I doubt very much that I would've purchased one on a unit as new as you have.
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote