How many tubes of Sikaflex to reseal windshield?
Getting ready to re-caulk the front windshield to stop the leaks and wind noise & figured I'd get some clarification on the correct procedure.
From reading all the posts here, looks like I need to do the following:
- clean everything thoroughly
- remove all the previous caulking
- clean the surfaces again with acetone
- apply painters tape to keep the Sikaflex from getting on the body
- Apply Sikaflex 200 using a caulk gun
- Let it cure for a day or two
- Remove tape and enjoy!
Here's my questions
- How many tubes of Sikaflex should I purchase?
- Is this product so thick that I should consider using an air powered cualk gun?
Thanks in advance! Looking forward to a great 2013 RV season!
1996 Airstream Cutter '32 Freightliner X-Line Chassis, Cummins B5.9 Turbo, Allison 6-Speed MD3060