Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
How much to install loveseat in 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD

We are looking at a few 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD models for sale. The one we really like has a single chair opposite the L-shaped couch. Another with more miles and more money has a love seat. We are total newbs, by the way. If we bought the one with the chair, how do we go about getting a love seat installed. Who does this kind of thing and how much (ballpark) are we looking at? As I said, we are newbs, so pardon the inexperience!
marknmindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2020, 01:04 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You might start by calling the winnebago factory at 800-537-1885. You'll need the VIN, but if you don't they still may be able to provide you with general info on price and installation. You could measure your door and a love seat you want to buy and see if it will fit through the door. It doesn't have to be secured to the floor, that chair isn't.

Best wishes - Richard
Old 07-31-2020, 01:16 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Look at www.braddandhall.com. They will install at a very reasonable price if you visit the factory or you can install yourself. They are not the cheapest but the quality is excellent. You could also look at Lazyboy. Their furniture will come apart so you can get it thru the door.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We bought a loveseat with powered recliners from Ashley Furniture. It came in three boxes. They delivered and installed it in the motorhome for $69.00.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marknmindy View Post
We are looking at a few 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42GD models for sale. The one we really like has a single chair opposite the L-shaped couch. Another with more miles and more money has a love seat. We are total newbs, by the way. If we bought the one with the chair, how do we go about getting a love seat installed. Who does this kind of thing and how much (ballpark) are we looking at? As I said, we are newbs, so pardon the inexperience!
I wanted to put a loveseat in my coach, but it would not go through the door.

Changing furniture should be done with caution. If it doesn't go through the door a window may have to removed. Some motor home people have had to remove the windshield and I'm told that the installers will not guarantee removal of the existing windshield without cracking it.
Old 07-31-2020, 02:28 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bradd and Hall are charging me $190.00 to install including removal of a jackknife couch, and bolting it to the slide floor. If you look at RV specific furniture pay attention to the upholstery used. There is quite a spread in quality. You will find many posts by folks who experienced peeling from an inferior material. There is a significant difference in quality and wear ability between $10/yard and $30/yard. Lots of options out there. Do your research.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:34 PM   #7

I replaced a Villa sleeper sofa with a residential double recliner with console. I did the install myself after extending the slide out floor to accommodate it. Much more comfortable than any RV seat we have tried.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
My husband and I purchased an RV sofa from shop4seats and installed it ourselves in our older RV. They also have loveseats. It came in sections so there was no issue getting it through the door. We got the power version - very pleased with it!!

2006 Western Alpine 35
kbenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:20 PM   #9

we replaced our love seat in our Winnebago ourselves. Love seat unbolted in 30 minutes, and installed Thomas Payne theatre seats plus center spacer. I built spacer with 3/4 plywood over wires on slide out floor. screwed furniture to plywood base. seats were from Camping World. On sale around 1600 total. heat, massager, and electric recline.
MarkPrintz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, itasca, seat