RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #1

How to choose new shower head

The ones that come OEM are intended to conserve water. Many RVers need that. For the ones of us that travel RVpark to RVpark with FHUs, we want a shower head that lets a full stream of water through. What do I need to know to replace my OEM shower head? For example, are there ones specifically for RVs that have great flow? If not, are ones for residential use compatible with the plumbing on a motorhome? Can I just choose one at Home Depot for example? Thanks.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
You can get any shower head you like. There's residential ones in our Phaeton. Although we've got the largest grey capacity we've ever had in an RV (100 gal), I can fill ours up quickly with that OEM head.

The OEM heads that came with any of the RV's we owned were too high GPM & filled up our grey tanks too fast (even with taking "navy" showers) when we were in sites without sewer hook ups. They were in the 2.5GPM range. I've always replaced them with Oxygenics heads. They are under 2GPM but also have some sort of oxygenating (is that a word?) technology that allows a firm spray with less water usage. I've always been happy with their product.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
Decrepit Forum Advocate

I agree with Lori's comment about using one of the Body Spa Oxygenics models. We've used them on just about every RV we've owned through the years.

Take a look at these recommendations in the link below and specifically at #1, #4, and #5 as those are very popular among RVers and there have been multiple threads here on iRV2 and other forums about Body Spa Oxygenics shower heads.

They conserve water but feel like your getting a lot more than volume than is actually happening.

The 10 Best RV Shower Head Reviews & Guide 2019

The recommendations have some other suggestions if you don't want to use a Body Spa model but you can read through the descriptions to see if one of the others may be better for you.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:20 PM   #4

Oxygenics for us also. Had them in the last coach also.
funmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:29 PM   #5

Another vote for the Oxygenics, it may not save water in gallons per minute, but it certainly feels better and quicker when showering.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #6

People mention going from full hookup to full hookup. We often do when traveling. What is really nice is pulling in for an overnight, plugging in a power cord and relaxing. Having a water conserving shower really helps. We can go 3-5 days only hooking up power. By then we are usually at site site where we will be for a few days. I will also add my vote for Oxygenics.

I will also add that our 10 gallon gas/electric water heater can keep up with the Oxygenics.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 AM   #7

OP here. Thanks everyone. It looks like Oxygenics dominates this market. Can any of you tell us which model Oxygenics you have. They have so many on their website. 2.0 gpm or 1.8? Larger head or small? Thanks.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
In the prior 3 RV's, we had the Body Spa. For our Phaeton, I'm going to get the Fury because it's closest to the residential one we have in there now.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
OP here. Thanks everyone. It looks like Oxygenics dominates this market. Can any of you tell us which model Oxygenics you have. They have so many on their website. 2.0 gpm or 1.8? Larger head or small? Thanks.
We have had both, prefer the large but the small works fine
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower