Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2017, 01:31 PM   #1

How to use a tankless water heater

Hey guys and girls this couple figured out how to best use a tankless water heater and made a very good video explaining how to use it and the common pitfalls.

Hope this helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Navy Showers is the correct term. In the old days. Sorry I'm dating myself. Water was a precious commodity on board ship because the boilers used water to make steam to power the ship. We had fresh water makers onboard that converted sea water to fresh. The water for the propulsion system was priority, 2nd was for the ships mess (cooking, cleaning & laundry), 3rd was for showers for the crew. Most of the time there was what we called water hours for the showers. You jumped in got wet, shut off the water, soaped up then rinsed off. That my friends is a true NAVY shower. It's a lot better these days. 🤣
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

Listening to them the first thing that comes to mind is that we take more or less back to back showers similar to what we do at home. We have a 6 gallon tank that we run on either gas or electric depending on where we are. She goes first. By the time she clears the bathroom the water is more than hot enough for my shower. I never run out of hot water. That blows the whole navy shower idea for us.

We run the tank very hot so we can adjust whatever temperature we want at the faucet. No problem. If traveling it has the side benefit of having adequate hot water at lunch to wash hands and rinse off dishes without bothering to turn on the gas.

In turn it leaves us wondering why anybody would want to mess with a tankless with all their other problems. They seem to be an answer in search of a problem.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
When your unit comes with one you learn to adapt to what it takes to use it. Like everything else in the rv world, I guess..
Old 08-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My parents had one in their 1958 KenCraft TT they special ordered. Was a European propane fired unit and did the job in an 18' TT for the three of us.
Yep, they've been around for years in other countries but they are now much more sophisticated but people still have to understand they have their limits.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Like nothermark we do the same with a 10gal and I turn the propane heater on along with the electric heater. It works the same as an on demand and we never run out of hot water.
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, tank, water, water heater