Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
How would you handle this and some expert advice needed. Update.

Met with truck tire mgr today. After looking at the wheels he asked "what would you like me to do?" I replied "Please put yourself in my place and ask yourself what would be fair." I have an appointment on Tues to have the wheels taken off and machine buffed and re-clear coated. Had no idea these guys were located here in Chattanooga, but all they do is detail big trucks an buses. Saw some of their work and was recommended to the tire dealer by salesman at the local KW dealer, (who I purchased a new truck from a while back). Tire dealer is paying to have all 6 done so the match and upped the pre-agreed to price for my old tires to help offset some of my cost of fuel for the extra trips. All should be good as new next week and I will add pics of the finished results.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Great job and it sounds like they're being very fair.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #17

Also might suggest in this situation - taking "before" pictures is fine, and helps with any "after" claim, but you REALLY don't WANT an "after" problem!

Treat it like a rental company treats you. Voice your concern over damage, then do a walkaround BEFORE, and have them sign off on the work order that there are no blemishes (or mark where any exist) - 'Cause you not only have to "inform" and show them there is no damage beforehand, they have to agree with you and sign. Otherwise, they can always deny it and you are still stuck with a "he said, she said" scenario. This way they KNOW they will be hit for sloppy work and will (hopefully) act accordingly. If not, then you have the documentation, signed by them, to win your claim, with the added advantage of not needing a camera or pictures, so if you had not planned ahead you still have a way to protect yourself.

Also, if they are "covered with goo" or whatever (which in many cases is intentional) - before accepting and paying, insist on them being cleaned for a final walkaround inspection and your signoff on no damage. You can always tell them your insurance requires it. That way if there IS a problem you can address it on the spot or even refuse to pay or remove the vehicle until speaking with a supervisor. (Like them saying it is the end of the day, no managers around, just pay and come back ...) You might save yourself a couple months of hassle.

Prevention is better than compensation!

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote