Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #1

Angry Hubcaps and Fridge shelves

Hello,
I'm a new poster and have a couple of questions. Hopefully someone can help.
I just bought a 2000 Safari Zanzibar and I love it. On our inaugural trip, I had to have a front tire changed as there was a bulge in it. I had to delay my trip by a day so they could order the tire. In that 24 hour time span, they managed to lose my hubcap. They didn't even "fess" up to it and made some excuse that it must have fallen off during the test drive with the new tire...right. It's a two part hubcap where each part is bolted on. "Falling off" is NOT going to happen. My guess is they lost it or stole it.
Anyway, they paid for a new one to be shipped to me and it arrived yesterday. OF COURSE it's not even close to the original. It's one part and it doesn't fit. Since Safari is out of business I called Monaco (who bought out Safari) and they were of no help. So my question is...is there an RV resource available where I could locate another hubcap?
The same goes for my refrigerator. When I bought the Zanzibar the refrigerator was stripped...no shelves or door shelves...nothing. It's a Dometic New Dimensions NDR 1062 and when calling Dometic, they said the shelves are not available anymore and my other list of parts would come to $502.70. That's ridiculous. For another $500 I could get a new refrigerator!
So again, are there any other resources I could check?
Thanks for your help!
sourmug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #2

Can you get a brand name off the remaining hub caps or post a picture? I'm sure other posters will be in soon with links to mail/web order used parts depots on the fridge parts. Are you anywhere near Elkhart In. Quartzite Az ?? Lots of used parts places there, and shopping in person, your sure you've got what you need.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Can you get a brand name off the remaining hub caps or post a picture? I'm sure other posters will be in soon with links to mail/web order used parts depots on the fridge parts. Are you anywhere near Elkhart In. Quartzite Az ?? Lots of used parts places there, and shopping in person, your sure you've got what you need.
Thanks for the post! I'll get a pic soon. I'm actually in Florida so not anywhere near those places, however, I will be in Arizona in about a month.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmug2 View Post
Thanks for the post! I'll get a pic soon. I'm actually in Florida so not anywhere near those places, however, I will be in Arizona in about a month.
That may be a little early in the season for the tent people to be opening up, they usually start opening the first of Nov.
Other posters may have info on used parts on your route. Good luck.
Try the Dicor, web site that's the wheel cover brand on my rig and they sound the same. Although when I was on recently I could not find a match for my covers. Possibly discontinued.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #5

You might try RV Surplus
Old 09-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Look around tis site for the cap. Phoenix USA
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #7

Check out I-75 Chrome shop on I-75 at Wildwood Fl. Or their website, they sell a lot of Chrome trim for Trucks and I have bought several nice peices there for my coach's in the past.
336muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
How close are you to Lazy Days? They are the biggest dealer in Fla. If you go by there and talk to their tech's, someone is a packrat and keeps usable parts.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #9

Photo of Hubcap

Someone asked for a photo of the hubcap so I've attached a pic. I've seen the logo in the middle of the cap on other motor homes wheels at various campgrounds but don't know the manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	August 2011 Motorhome Trip 023.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	13812  
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Someone asked for a photo of the hubcap so I've attached a pic. I've seen the logo in the middle of the cap on other motor homes wheels at various campgrounds but don't know the manufacturer.
The logo is a dicor sometimes called versa liner
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Go to the coast connection. select R V catalog. select running gear. select pg511-530
Old 09-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #12

google colaw's in joplin, mo. they have everything. let me know how it turns out. i found a picture window for a 93 airstream land yacht. no one else in the world, including airstream, had one.
buki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #13

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone for their great suggestions! It is indeed a Dicor so I called the company and they gave me all the specs, part numbers, etc. I called the tire place that lost my original and they are going to pay for the replacement, as they should.
Hopefully they will have it to me by the time I leave for my next trip in a few weeks...lol!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #14

I have a Harney coach made by Safari and the Hubcaps were made by Dicor. I orderd some parts from them last year. I don't have their # but should be easy to find.
Hope this helps
Busyguy
busyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge