Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2023, 12:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
Makes sense, would be nice if they alternated legs on the 30 amp plugs to distribute load, not sure if that in the code anywhere to do that.

Makes me want a 50 amp adapter that allows me to only use one leg or the other so at least I can pick the good side even if it cut total amps down to 50 instead of 100. I can run both a/c's off single 50 amp along with say a microwave for a little while.

This reminds me of a problem I had at a COE a few years back, one leg of the 50a had a breaker going bad and it happened to be the leg that powers my PD HW50C protector so I kept losing all power occasionally.

Thankfully the 30a connector at pedistal was on the good leg and i used it till the electrician could come out, just like the adapter you posted would allow to do. Until then I never realized or thought where the protector got its power from so at least I learned something good.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2023, 03:51 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
I had this happen twice, both time using a 30 AMP adapter worked fine on the watchdog. I also had an electrician come out to check the pedestal it had no ground wire connected and the electrician said this happens all the time because they hooked up many of the pedestals without a ground, he added a ground wire and it worked fine....btw this was Monte Vista Resort in Mesa.
I worked at a campground in NW FL. Occasionally we would get complaints from people with EMS units that they couldn't get to work. I discovered that although the 50A receptacles were technically grounded via metal strap at the mounting screw, it required an actual ground wire from the receptacle to the GND block to work correctly. Our electrician could not explain why this was.
Patrick 8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 03:53 PM   #45

90 volts will kill your AC and will kill your inverter for sure
2cyber71 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, dog