RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
The jacks should retract within a few minutes. If they don't, you don't want to leave the system on too long as the solenoids are active all that time letting fluid back into reservoir and will get hot (and could burn the windings). I have a couple lazy jacks that may or may not need help retracting and I am ready with my shovel to give them a hand so I don't leave the system on too long. I have replaced everything on the HWH system except the jacks and the lines.
Winding's in Solenoid's?
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #16
Senior Member
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: behind the steering wheel
Posts: 1,969
rrkins, those jacks are not lazy, they are like my son in law. they just dont work most of the time. they need to be rebuilt.
really though, its the springs, or the bad connection. if the springs are still tight when the cylinder is fully retracted, they should be good.
i would inspect the harness for a loose connection somewhere. be sure to tighten those two bolts that hold the pump assembly to the tray. thats your main ground for the pump assembly.

i usually find they are loose unless someone has reinstalled the lock washer on them like we provide for all installations.
when you hit a bump, the connection gets broken. i also suggested checking the plug on the back of the touch pad. if this is in the door panel, we always had a problem with that.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 194
Winding's in Solenoid's?
Yes solenoid are electromagnets, containing a coil (winding) of wire energized by current going through them.
Carlos Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
palehorse89's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Marti View Post
Winding's in Solenoid's?
Yes solenoid are electromagnets, containing a coil (winding) of wire energized by current going through them.
Understand, overlooked that part of the equation, Thank you
__________________
2012 Essex 4544 2011 Jeep JK, M&G Braking, 2014 MTI 27' Hog Hauler, Wireless brake control, 2006 Ultra & 1989 Springer
palehorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:28 PM   #19
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
rrkins, those jacks are not lazy, they are like my son in law. they just dont work most of the time. they need to be rebuilt.
really though, its the springs, or the bad connection. if the springs are still tight when the cylinder is fully retracted, they should be good.
i would inspect the harness for a loose connection somewhere. be sure to tighten those two bolts that hold the pump assembly to the tray. thats your main ground for the pump assembly.

i usually find they are loose unless someone has reinstalled the lock washer on them like we provide for all installations.
when you hit a bump, the connection gets broken. i also suggested checking the plug on the back of the touch pad. if this is in the door panel, we always had a problem with that.
paul maddox

The only thing I haven't replaced is the jacks and the lines to them. All replaced within the last 2 years. So yes, I agree that a rebuild is probably needed, at least on the front jacks. They work great when you auto level, they just don't like to store.
I try to remember to raise the coach a few inches before I hit store and sometimes that gets them working - they usually work after I spray with WD also. I just can't always get to them to spray them prior to storing.
__________________
Rick and Larrie Dee
1997 40' Newmar London Aire DP CTA 8.3 (Mechanical) 325 Spartan MM
Bringing her back to her glory.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
arboldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Portage, MI
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post

...
I try to remember to raise the coach a few inches before I hit store and sometimes that gets them working - they usually work after I spray with WD also. I just can't always get to them to spray them prior to storing.

You may want to reconsider spraying jacks with WD. While I've never encountered the issue, I've read many times that's a big No-No as it will attract and hold dust and grime, shortening the life of the jack seals. Try Search on WD and leveling jacks for lots of info about it.
__________________
37' 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire gas, 2007 CR-V toad
Full Time since August 2016
arboldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:25 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Ray,IN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: North America somewhere
Posts: 21,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by arboldt View Post
You may want to reconsider spraying jacks with WD. While I've never encountered the issue, I've read many times that's a big No-No as it will attract and hold dust and grime, shortening the life of the jack seals. Try Search on WD and leveling jacks for lots of info about it.
Yup, here it is: HWH information bulletin

"If the jack is extended, use soap and water or WD-40 on the jack rod then wipe the rod dry with a clean cloth". Apparently WD-40 is their recommended cleaner, they say it will even remove silicone spray.
The above and much more is explained on the HWH FAQ page.

__________________
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hwh, leveling



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HWH 625 leveling system Papawteve Class A Motorhome Discussions 13 06-04-2017 05:28 PM
HWH 625 series jackson and leveling system LINADR MH-General Discussions & Problems 6 10-02-2016 10:46 PM
HWH 625 leveling system motor will not engage fatboybates MH-General Discussions & Problems 16 07-31-2016 02:15 PM
Warning Buzzer/HWH System Jeff and Cheryl Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 21 09-05-2011 03:41 PM
Hwh 625 leveling system bigfish Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 3 11-07-2009 11:40 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.