Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I understand that when folks call in for tech help it can be a long call. I have called probably 5 times in 8 years. All but once just for parts. Springs, rear cylinders, a hose. Half the time the call was either transferred to parts (Ashley at the time) right away or returned in a timely manner. May I suggest that the receptionist screen calls such that parts only calls (can you transfer me to parts please?) are handled differently from tech help? Of course a parts call can digress into tech help, but often a parts person has a different skill set than tech help and could just take a number for callback if tech help is required. A call to parts is not free advise, it is an opportunity to make a sale.

Had I contacted you azPete, would parts have called back quicker?

Now I am concerned that the hose my local NAPA dealer "crimped" for me may fail. The Eaton brand hose was marked at about 6000 psi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crimp.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	181628  
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
I understand that when folks call in for tech help it can be a long call. I have called probably 5 times in 8 years. All but once just for parts. Springs, rear cylinders, a hose. Half the time the call was either transferred to parts (Ashley at the time) right away or returned in a timely manner. May I suggest that the receptionist screen calls such that parts only calls (can you transfer me to parts please?) are handled differently from tech help? Of course a parts call can digress into tech help, but often a parts person has a different skill set than tech help and could just take a number for callback if tech help is required. A call to parts is not free advise, it is an opportunity to make a sale.

Had I contacted you azPete, would parts have called back quicker?

Now I am concerned that the hose my local NAPA dealer "crimped" for me may fail. The Eaton brand hose was marked at about 6000 psi.

HWH told me that the hoses that were installed by another service were lower pressure and would end up flaking inside and cause the system to fail at some point. So be sure you have the correct type and pressure rating.
rcflyer1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:39 AM   #17

I have heard the call back wait can be frustrating at times...

First a big Thank You to Paul M
I have not had need to take advantage if his generous offer but I certainly will if needed. THIS IS A HUGE OFFER.

Re call backs.... I have had much better luck when needing parts price and info to use email. It seems to get a higher priority or at least a quicker response.
It also helps to do your home work and provide all the info on your MH including year make model VIN and HWH system info... and once you are in the system it seems easier to do follow ups.
HWH has a very good parts list on the website and again its helpful if you have done some work to identify parts needed.
I have had nothing but positive experience s w tech support and parts help.
Try calling your car manufacturer and getting hold of a technician that will walk you through troubleshooting a problem.... even if you are stranded on the side of the road... and dealers will likely tell you to bring it in we will take a look.
At least HWH is willing to help diagnose and help you fix it yourself if you are able and comfortable w DIY repairs.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #18

I have no complaints about HWH. They provide parts and service for units that have been in service for over 14 years when others have abandoned older parts with plastic innards and charge thousands for compatible replacements.

They have manuals and emergency retraction info on their website. I have no manuals with my MH so I have printed the emergency retraction info and keep it on the rig.

I will only purchase rigs that have HWH slides. Very impressive system and beautifully simple. The repairs people have are age related which is understandable, rubber doesn't last forever.

I needed to confirm what I had suspected had failed and order a part. I called HWH and left a message and missed the call back. Knowing why there was a call back, it makes sense now. I received awesome help here and actually got the info for Chuck @ Stuarts Service before getting AzPetes info here.

I now keep both of their info in my phone for emergencies. Although, I will admit I would feel guilty bothering AzPete on his personal time. I confirmed I needed a shuttle valve and ordered from Stuarts. One thing about stuarts is his shipping costs are pretty high because he doesn't get a discount on shipping. Not sure how they compare to HWH. Not complaining, rig not stuck with the levelers down. LOL

I will bookmark this thread. There is some important info about the hoses here. Hopefully I won't need it for a while.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I did get a callback, I gave the diameter and length of the hose, and the response including price and that it was in stock took all of 60 seconds. Even if it was a 48 hour callback, they would have made a sale and I would have saved $130. It would have been a win-win. Instead it was a lose-lose. Yea, I like HWH, just an issue with parts response.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
When I did get a callback, I gave the diameter and length of the hose, and the response including price and that it was in stock took all of 60 seconds. Even if it was a 48 hour callback, they would have made a sale and I would have saved $130. It would have been a win-win. Instead it was a lose-lose. Yea, I like HWH, just an issue with parts response.
If you want a part shipped same day contact Chuck @ Stuarts Service 800-826-6267. My only caveat is if $18 shipping is too steep then ask him what shipping options he has. I was just thankful for the help and $18 was cheaper than paying my mech to figure out what the problem was.

But yeah...how would you know and a week is a long time.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #21
Commercial Member

you guys have a right to complain. two weeks is way too long for a return call.
especially if all you have is a question. the one thing i keep telling folks is to get that service manual. most of the problems with hwh leveling systems are covered in the manual. slide rooms, not so much. its an area that we are working on.
i dont know what the fix is, but i can offer to help.
pfmaddox@att.net 1-602-549-3638
if its an emergency, please dont hesitate to contact me.
i dont mind.
if its just a question, send me a text, ill answer. sometimes the cell service out hers isnt that great, but i will respond as soon as i can.
cj, while i dont advertise it, or encourage it, i can do anything the factory can do. if i cant, i know who can.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #22

HWH hoses have special tightening specs and cannot be overtightened. The fittings are aluminum and will distort!!
They are usually just snugged and just a quarter of a turn more. Ck the HWH WEBSITE. You will need a new hose or contact a local hydraulic hose place and have a new fitting installed. Then, follow the hwh directions in tightening it
ricknancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leak, leaks