Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #29

Gary

Glad it was an easy fix, or at least once you found the problem!! I will have to remember Fuse #8 for future reference!!

I hear Ya on the stretched out under the Hood That Control Board is not the easiest to access. I found crawling up from under was easier than over the top.

Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #30

'...IF such a problem IS that the "spring clips" keep the circuit open, wouldn't the the fuse tester show no continuity??...'
No, not if you are testing the fuse itself. I have an LED fuse tester for blade fuses that touches open metal of the two blades thru holes in top of fuse. If the filament is intact there is continuity to light the LED & fuse shows A-OK. That says nothing of continuity from blades of the fuse to the two ends of the circuit it is supposed to complete. Any connection, like the spring clip holders that receive the blades of the fuse, can get dirty &/or corrode. Even a continuous piece of wire can break internally. The real lesson is that true diagnosis starts with the symptom (e.g. jacks don't work) and then argues that every associated part is suspect till proven good. In an HWH teck vacuum, I'd have been forever getting to suspect the clips if the fuse tested OK. Gotta keep reminidng self- nothing is proved till its proved!!
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
One of the most difficult troubleshooting issues are connections that Dirk has brought up. I have learned over the years not to trust a multimeter on DC or AC circuits completely. I have found proper voltage feeding apparatuses and later find I had a connection or even a fuse that would break down under a load. When I come across this (thank goodness it is not often) I put a known good load to the circuit to determine if it can sustain a load.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 AM   #32
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Another old axiom proven true;

" That which cannot possibly be the problem, will be the problem."

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Dirk,
Sorry for the lateness of the reply. I'm checking out the CG and surrounding activities for the December back to back rally in the Keys I am hosting. (It's a tough job but somebody must do it.)

I am not inclined to put in the original fuse. The reason is the clear plastic cover that has a grommet holding it onto the housing was a real bear to reinstall. If anybody has a trick to doing this, please post here. I do not want to take the plastic cover off again. Once the plastic cover was on, the yellow level lights were out of alignment. If one has ever done this adjustment you know it is a delicate and very irritating adjustment.

I just don't want to do this all over again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #34

I had a problem with a slide once.The fuse tested OK but the slide would not move. When the fuse blew it coated the inside of the plastic with a metalic coating.It was enough to give a reading but not enough to run anything.
BOB
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote