Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
HWH leveler system-1 jack won't extend

I have a 1997 Mountain Aire with a HWH 625 auto-leveling system. Back in May the left rear jack would not come up automatically with the rest of them. We were in Fla. and we were coming home to Mo. I relieved the pressure and jack retracted. Tried using the jack system after getting home and the same jack would not go down. Figured it to be a solenoid so it was replaced, but to no avail. All the other jacks work as they are supposed to but the left rear won't go down. Thought it may be a blown fuse, since all four have their own fuse, but that was not the case. Just about to my feeble little minds end. Have mechanic ability and some electric capability, but have come to a stand still on this. Any help would be appreciated. Bill
brhargiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhargiss View Post
I have a 1997 Mountain Aire with a HWH 625 auto-leveling system. Back in May the left rear jack would not come up automatically with the rest of them. We were in Fla. and we were coming home to Mo. I relieved the pressure and jack retracted. Tried using the jack system after getting home and the same jack would not go down. Figured it to be a solenoid so it was replaced, but to no avail. All the other jacks work as they are supposed to but the left rear won't go down. Thought it may be a blown fuse, since all four have their own fuse, but that was not the case. Just about to my feeble little minds end. Have mechanic ability and some electric capability, but have come to a stand still on this. Any help would be appreciated. Bill
Bill I have a 1996 Winnebago adventure 38' and my last trip I had the same problem my right rear would not retract so I need some service work also will let you know what my problem will be......................Orville
securityman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped other on this forum and I am sure he can help you
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #4
Commercial Member

brh, if your system is original, its a 610 leveling system. download a service manual, and do the diagnostics. extending the jack and retracting it are two different problems. maybe related to the cylinder, or just the electronics. make sure all the wires in the touch pad plug are seated. use a knife or small screw driver and press each one into its position.

check all the connections, especially at the touch pad. use a spray electronic cleaner on all the plugs. if you have original springs, they may need replacing. especially if they are very rusty.
as vera&ken suggested, you are welcome to contact me. i can help.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #5

AZPete is right-on! He helped me diagnose my system, same one as yours. I still need to replace the springs but the system is working fine. The rebuild of my control box his company performed was inexpensive. I'm so glad Pete is here!
Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks AZPETE. You are right about the system being a 610 instead of a 625. I didn't look at the control box picture to match to mine. Anyway, went thru the diagnostics and according to the tests the solenoid valve needs to be rebuilt or replaced. After the "t" handle was opened the jack went down and retracted. Sent the solenoid to HWH to rebuild. Let you know how that turns out! brh-Bill
brhargiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #7

Yeah, per Paul's (azpete) advice I sent all 4 solenoids in for rebuild on my 610 system - it was less than the cost of a new or rebuilt solenoid. I also had to replace the entire reservoir, motor and pump assy. I replaced the springs too - if you have the square end on the springs they should be replaced. The newer springs have tapered ends.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #8

On another note, my springs have the tapered ends and I know they need replacement. Any idea what the part number is for the newer springs?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #9
Commercial Member

don, you need to provide the AP model number off one of the front jacks to get the right springs. get it off either one. they are the same size.
the same for the rear. sometimes the front and rear are the same, sometimes the rear are larger.
if not, i need the diameter and length of the springs, from top of hook to bottom of hook. older 6000 lb jacks take R3847, its about 1 1/2 in
diameter.
9000 lb jacks take R91426. they are about 2 1/4 in diameter.
email me at pfmaddox@att.net i dont look at irv2 every day.
paul maddox
i work for hwh, i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #10

Can someone tell me how to access the warning switch on rear jack of Tiffin S32 (2017) —jack down light on left rear is on (with alarm) but jack is completely retracked —- service manual sez to “unplug the jack warning switch at the jack”. Apparently it is “attached” at the top of the jack —- I can reach up and feel it but cant figure out how to disconnect for diagnostics??? Thx so much
Old 09-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
don, you need to provide the AP model number off one of the front jacks to get the right springs. get it off either one. they are the same size.
the same for the rear. sometimes the front and rear are the same, sometimes the rear are larger.
if not, i need the diameter and length of the springs, from top of hook to bottom of hook. older 6000 lb jacks take R3847, its about 1 1/2 in
diameter.
9000 lb jacks take R91426. they are about 2 1/4 in diameter.
email me at pfmaddox@att.net i dont look at irv2 every day.
paul maddox
i work for hwh, i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
I will get those dimensions by the end of the week Pete and email to you, thanks so much!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCampTwo View Post
Can someone tell me how to access the warning switch on rear jack of Tiffin S32 (2017) —jack down light on left rear is on (with alarm) but jack is completely retracked —- service manual sez to “unplug the jack warning switch at the jack”. Apparently it is “attached” at the top of the jack —- I can reach up and feel it but cant figure out how to disconnect for diagnostics??? Thx so much
Seems I recall a locking clip of some sort on mine, can you take a picture of the plug and post it?
Old 09-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #13

Will do
Old 09-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
Commercial Member

camptwo. there is a two wire connector on top of the jack. reach up and hook your finger over the clip on the side. pull down. it should release

Tags
hwh