RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

HWH leveling acting up

Hi all,

I could sure use some help from anyone who has experienced a similar problem with their HWH leveling. Of course our system started acting up just as we are getting ready to go on a trip!

We have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty with an HWH 600 series leveling system. Everything seems to work fine in manual mode, but when I start the rig up, the left front raises to almost full height all by itself. I can manually lower and dump, but this left front issue may be affecting my travel mode.

I replaced both pressure switches up front because I had spares, and following HWH repair manual, I'm starting to think I need to replace the control box. Called HWH and got in line for a callback, but I don't know how long that will take.

Anybody out there have single corner of your leveling system go haywire like this? Any help / comments would e much appreciated.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #2

Does it malfunction when you go into travel mode and release brakes? Or, is this something that happens in leveling mode not travel mode? I have been working at troubleshooting out 500 series and have gained quite some knowledge on them LOL.
2000 Country Coach Allure #30476
2007 Subaru Outback
Winters in Ocala, summers in Pa and North East US.
funjnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
Commercial Member

check the wire in the control box plug for that left front pressure switch. make sure its seated in the plug securely. check the ground signal from the pressure switch to that plug.
ordinarily, a problem with the leveling system should not affect your ride height. when the park brake is released and the hwh system is shut down, the chassis controls the ride height. the off position of the travel solenoids is the open position. air just passes thru to the ride height valve. easy to check, start the engine,and after it reaches pressure, and spits off, just drive it forward a couple hundred feet. let me know what you find. maybe i can help.
1-602-549-3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh, i do not sell parts or solicit wervice vwork on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #4

Yes, we are about to lose our minds with our leveling system. Just took delivery a couple of weeks ago. Testing of levelers works at the dealer. First day out, a weld broke, and levelers malfunctioned. On a very slightly out of level site, it lifted the whole front end off the ground.

Back to the dealer, they fix the weld, and find that it was cross wired. Apparently fixed, they said they tested in the slightly unlevel lot, we tested it in the level garage, worked fine.

Get to our next event, hit auto, guess what happens? Whole front end of coach goes off the ground again. We try for hours, nothing ever works. It will put down the front, lift it off the ground, put down one of the back, and we get the dreaded "excess slope" warning on a site that is only inches out of level. According to our manual level, about 2 inches in front and about the same to the side. We go to manual, but of course, you can't fine tune because you can only do a side at a time and really one corner is mostly off. We use blocks, don't use blocks, it just will not work.

Back to dealer, slightly lower on right side. It works.

Dealer is frustrated, we're frustrated. I'm hoping it malfunctions for them and we can all figure out what the issue is. Right now, one of the big reasons we upgraded is turning into a nightmare.

So yeah, I wish I could help, but if it makes you feel any better, I commiserate with you.
wildeflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:24 AM   #5

My next step would be to call HWH out of Moscow Iowa you can find them on the Internet I've been to their shop very friendly people if you could get by their shop they would fix it also they will help you over the phone good luck
Freedom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
HWH has excellent techs, but you will probably have to wait at least a week for a callback! Good luck on the problem!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
check the wire in the control box plug for that left front pressure switch. make sure its seated in the plug securely. check the ground signal from the pressure switch to that plug.
ordinarily, a problem with the leveling system should not affect your ride height. when the park brake is released and the hwh system is shut down, the chassis controls the ride height. the off position of the travel solenoids is the open position. air just passes thru to the ride height valve. easy to check, start the engine,and after it reaches pressure, and spits off, just drive it forward a couple hundred feet. let me know what you find. maybe i can help.
1-602-549-3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh, i do not sell parts or solicit wervice vwork on this forum.
Follow what azpete says. He knows these HWH systems as well as anyone at HWH. He will actually respond. Good chance that won't happen with HWH corporate!!
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #8

If the left raises up in travel mode then you may have a bad ride height control valve. I don't know what Monaco did but you may have two valves up front, is sounds like it. If it is a faulty ride height valve, HWH won't help with that. If it is one of their solenoids that controls that bag then they will help as it is their solenoid package.

You can manually adjust ride height while in neutral with the emergency brake on, then remove a fuse from the HWH brain and the coach will stay at that height. I've done this for my coach when I had a problem with one of my rear solenoids.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling