Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

hwh leveling jacks just quit working

Hello everyone. First time posting. I have 610 leveling jacks system on my 96 Georgieboy that just quit working. We were at a campground and I was lowering jacks everything was working great. My phone rang and I stopped to answer, when I tried to start again the pump would not activate with the control panel. I got on the HWH site and started trouble shooting. Got it down to a bad control box. Replaced the box and still did not work. After replacing the box now it is blowing a 200amp fuseable link from the battery to the pump relay. Im kinda at a loss. Hopefully someone can help. Thanks for any help. It kind of sounds like a dead short to me but not sure. Could the pump motor cause this problem?
hrdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

We had a similar problem, the pump just quit working but we didn't blow any fuses. It turned out to be a bad internal ground inside the motor, a fairly common problem.

If you remove the hot wire to the pump and activate the switch, does it still blow the fuse? If it still blows, then the problem is somewhere between the control panel and the motor.

Let us know what you find.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Commercial Member

jacks quit

check the battery cable routing from the battery to the pump area, the only thing that will blow that big fuse is a direct short. this is normally a pinched cable or a bare worn spot on the battery cable. ive found this especially on coaches with slide out battery trays. pinched in the rear of the tray by the frame.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #4

problem solved

Thanks guys for the advice. I removed cable from the motor and fuse did not blow. Checked for voltage at the motor cable and had 12 volts. Removed motor and checked all cable connections. Cleaned up the motor and tightened everything up and all works great. Thanks again for the guidance.
hrdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks, leveling