Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

HWH leveling system issues. HELP!

Hey guys, I been slowly going through the DP I picked up last month. The next thing on my list is the self leveling system. I know I have a HWH but unfortunately I don't know if it is a 725 system or not.
When I go to level the DP, the system is on. I hit auto level and I hear a clicking from a control box but nothing happens. What should I check ? I put a call in to HWH but they said they only work on a call back system and about a month out for a call back.
Thank you !
pauciullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 06:24 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauciullo View Post
Hey guys, I been slowly going through the DP I picked up last month. The next thing on my list is the self leveling system. I know I have a HWH but unfortunately I don't know if it is a 725 system or not.
When I go to level the DP, the system is on. I hit auto level and I hear a clicking from a control box but nothing happens. What should I check ? I put a call in to HWH but they said they only work on a call back system and about a month out for a call back.
Thank you !
Look at your control panel as one of the buttons you should be able to perform a reset. To do this make sure your on level ground. Press and hold Button for about 10 to 15-sec and the auto-leveling system will start and go fully down and back up. Once back up try to level. As the reset may clear the problem.

Next, you may be low on fluid.

Check fuse box and see if you have a blown fuse as there may be more than one and you not getting full control.

Watch the video in this clip:
https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/r...orking-014989/

https://hwhcorp.com/

GOOD LUCK hope that one is the key for you.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Determine positively which system is installed on your MH, then go on the HWH website and down load the appropriate manuals and troubleshooting guides. They should help you immensely.

Include your MH year, make, model, data in your signature info. It helps people make more appropriate responses to your questions.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Thank you !
An HWH employee is a corporate member of irv2.com. He goes by AZPETE here, and freely offers advice and instruction. Hopefully he will spot your post and reply, otherwise use the google search box above and type in his handle AZPETE to find his contact information.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You can contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
Determine positively which system is installed on your MH, then go on the HWH website and down load the appropriate manuals and troubleshooting guides. They should help you immensely.

Include your MH year, make, model, data in your signature info. It helps people make more appropriate responses to your questions.
Absolutely the best advice. Get the document and learn the system. Then, if you're still stuck you can at least talk the a tech intelligently.
Domo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:28 AM   #7

Does anyone know where the fuse panel might be and the hydro filler maybe ? What type of hydrolock fluid does it use ?
Old 01-04-2020, 06:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Absolutely the best advice. Get the document and learn the system. Then, if you're still stuck you can at least talk the a tech intelligently.
1995 newmar mountain aire DP

Sorry forgot to add that in
Old 01-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #9

Every question you can think of for the HWH system will be answered on the HWH FAQ page.
Type of hydraulic oil: The answer is there. AND it is not someones opinion-or what works for them, It is FACT.
We made an expensive investment, and IMO should be treated as such.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 01-04-2020, 06:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Does anyone know where the fuse panel might be and the hydro filler maybe ? What type of hydrolock fluid does it use ?
Well, words DO mean things, and the term is not "hydrolock", it's "hydraulic", when referring to the fluid that HWH jack systems use.

Specifically, I was told by the HWH Tech I spoke to that ANY kind of hydraulic fluid is OK.

But the HWH tech support "call back" process is horrendous, and is a slap in the face of customers who own expensive equipment that depend on their systems. It took them 6 damned weeks for someone to call me for advice on the issue I had. Totally unacceptable. But, hey, we RV owners are rich, and we have too much spare time on our hands, right? What's the problem?
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fottip View Post
Well, words DO mean things, and the term is not "hydrolock", it's "hydraulic", when referring to the fluid that HWH jack systems use.

Specifically, I was told by the HWH Tech I spoke to that ANY kind of hydraulic fluid is OK. That is not what it states on the HWH FAQ page.

But the HWH tech support "call back" process is horrendous, and is a slap in the face of customers who own expensive equipment that depend on their systems. It took them 6 damned weeks for someone to call me for advice on the issue I had. Totally unacceptable. But, hey, we RV owners are rich, and we have too much spare time on our hands, right? What's the problem?
Reply is in green type. Which is most trustworthy, word of mouth or printed statement?
Old 01-04-2020, 08:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fottip View Post

Specifically, I was told by the HWH Tech I spoke to that ANY kind of hydraulic fluid is OK.

What other company on the planet offers free tech support on a 20 year old product? HWH is the best manufacturer I've ever dealt with. Call lippart and try and order a part. You'll get a basic "shove off" call your dealer.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:14 PM   #13

Quote:
1995 newmar mountain aire DP

Sorry forgot to add that in
Ok, that helps (if you click on Quick Links on the green bar above and Edit Signature, you can add that info so it appears on every post you make - see mine at bottom of this post). Look at this page https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml17785_01_nom_pr_lesy.html
and see if you can identify what system you have. I am guessing you have either a 310 system (made 1995 - 2003). I don't see an "auto level" button on any of the overlays. Even on the 610 system in mine there is no "auto level" button, I press the "HYD" button (top left) twice.
Does your control panel say HWH Computerized Leveling at the top?
Here is a link to the install manuals - they have great troubleshooting sections in them, of course you need to know which system you have. You can down load and look at the control panel pics to see if you can ID yours if the previous link doesn't help you. https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml44100bl_chks.html

Ok, maybe the link will help with IDing your system. In the meantime, my control box is mounted on the firewall under the dash. The reservoir/pump/motor on mine is tucked just in front of the rear bumper.
As for fluid, use ATF that has Dexron III in it. Paul (HWH rep people are trying to get you to contact) told me this info.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 05:08 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Which is most trustworthy, word of mouth or printed statement?
"Printed statements" are often the result of the legal department over-riding the other departments. The "word of mouth" information I reported came from an HWH employee who does this stuff for a living every day of his life. I'll take that any day over "printed statements". YMMV
fottip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling