Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
You know...I just realized that the springs are "helping" push it up now so being easy to push up isn't really easy to push up if we removed the spring.

The springs are in line with the KISS method (keep it simple stupid). I might try them anyway with the caveat it might not make a difference.

I wonder if they have rebuild kits. I just need the kit, I can rebuild them myself. Ive rebuilt several MC forks with bad gashes in the fork inner tube that tore up the seals.
If they are original springs it won't hurt to change them anyway and they aren't that expensive.

Unfortunately they won't sell the seal kits, they want you to send them back to them. I'm going to leave mine the way they are for the summer and before I put it away for the winter I will take them off and send them to a local hyd. shop to get fixed. I use a seal place here that can match up almost any seal kit if you can give them a sample.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #16

Yeah, Im set to get the jack stored manually and was planning on dealing with it over the winter.

I don't think I have a local seal place but I wonder with some digging if its on the internets somewhere. I just have no idea what model jack it is.

I learned doing MC forks that sometimes the manufacturer forgets what seal the put in your fork and those things are a PITA to get back off when find they don't fit.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:57 PM   #17

Someone on here did rebuild his himself but I couldn't find his post. Depending on the model of jacks he may have some part #'s for what he used. Once I do it I will post the details in case anyone with the same ones as mine can have it.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #18

Mine fails to retract every 4-6 cycles

I have a 2011 Allegro RED 36 QSA. My left rear jack will not fully retract about each 4-6 cycles--remains about 2" extended. Knowing this is an issue, I use the WD-40 treatment about each 4 cycles. Normally, this solves the retract issue. But, if not, I just re-cycle down/up and this has always solved the issue. Of course, this always occurs when I am in a rush!
Tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #19
Commercial Member

the nut shown backed off is just a lock nut on the end of the needle valve. use a 1/4 inch nut driver to loosen the 1/4 inch brass nut closest to the body of the valve.
three full turns out. no more. this lifts the pin off the seat of the valve.
new springs rarely solve this problem.

if you have original springs, the new springs might help. but the answer is, if you have to really push the cylinder up, have it repaired by hwh, or replace it.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #20

I will have a closer look at the springs but most likely it’s the cylinder like you said. Simply because that is the most expensive and inconvenient resolution and that is how things go for me. Also it just randomly happened, it wasn’t my slow jack.

It’s not here it’s getting the brakes worked on. It was a typical MH experience, have trouble with the jack leaving the campground and then lock up a caliper on the way home. Lol
Old 05-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
I will have a closer look at the springs but most likely it’s the cylinder like you said. Simply because that is the most expensive and inconvenient resolution and that is how things go for me. Also it just randomly happened, it wasn’t my slow jack.

It’s not here it’s getting the brakes worked on. It was a typical MH experience, have trouble with the jack leaving the campground and then lock up a caliper on the way home. Lol
Yep that's life with a motorhome for sure.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:30 PM   #22

So a question. OP here.

We have been prolonging the inevitable by running the leg up with the jack from my car. It actually goes pretty smooth and that jack is up before the slow front one.

The question, I think that jack that is giving trouble is creeping down. So does that sound like its more of a spring issue?

Also when it creeps down we don't get a warning. We notice it because it turns the leveler on light on. Just the light, no out of level lights and it turns off if you press the off button. Shouldn't there be a buzzer of some sort or light on the dash?

Tags
hwh