Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2020, 05:54 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Hydraulic levelers reservoir help

I have a 2006 Damon Daybreak and the hydraulic fluid reservoir needs to be replaced. I put in the part number and found a compatible reservoir, but the new one only holds 2 quarts of fluid and the old one held 4quarts. I cannot find a 4 quart on any website, including the Lippert website. When I put in the part number the 2 quart comes up. My question is will the 2 quart work? Will there be enough fluid to operate the levelers? Not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
mudslidemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2020, 06:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Our reservoir would not hold fluid. Found a crack around a fitting boss. Removed the tank and had it brazed. Worked like a champ. I doubt the 2 qt. would hold enough fluid to fully extend the stabilizers.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:51 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it is not the tank that is not working, it is the grommet that seals the tank. Have not been able to find the right size grommet anywhere either. So it will be an expensive fix, but guess I am going to have to remove from new tank ($155.00) and put on old one. I am going to talk to the company and see what they have to say, but I just can't believe there is no replacement for the tank. I was afraid also, that the 1 quart would not be enough fluid to supply the levelers.
Old 02-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I would call lippert to see if they can match a grommet. If you have the model number of your leveler pump hopefully they can match you up with something
574-537-8900. Also might try etrailer
800-298-8924
rvmantech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #5

I suggest you check out a place that does hydraulic rebuilds and see if they can match up a grommet for you. Im sure they have a multitude of different ones since they rebuild hydraulic systems. Just a suggestion. Not sure where you are located but there is a place nearby me here just outside of Phila.

Give them a call: Delri Industrial supplies Hydraulic Repair Services 610-833-2070

Also, : MAC Hydraulics - 610-583-3055

Maybe you can email or text them a photo of the part you need and they can help you.

Delri just rebuilt two of my hydraulic levelers a few months ago. They have been there forever

Good Luck!
Det57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:01 PM   #6

You might contact https://en.visonerv.com/ for a used tank/motor assembly.They aren't cheap, but when in a bind__.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:29 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslidemary View Post
I have a 2006 Damon Daybreak and the hydraulic fluid reservoir needs to be replaced. I put in the part number and found a compatible reservoir, but the new one only holds 2 quarts of fluid and the old one held 4quarts. I cannot find a 4 quart on any website, including the Lippert website. When I put in the part number the 2 quart comes up. My question is will the 2 quart work? Will there be enough fluid to operate the levelers? Not sure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.
How'd you make out
Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I finally talked with Lippert. Surprise the 4 quart is no longer available. They said if I needed to replace it I had to buy the whole thing, like 1400 dollars. No thanks. Just hoping it does not have to be replaced as long as I have the coach. Could not find the rubber ring, so just bit the dust and used the new one from the $155. 2 quart tank. There is no company close by so just used what I had. Not what I wanted, but it worked and now water will not get into the system. Now I bought a new car and need to have it wired for towing. WOW cannot believe how much that it going to cost. Like $1000. 2019 Equinox cannot use the bulb inside the tail lights, 12 volt cig lighter does not work when car is not running, so need battery connection for brake buddy. Our 2006 Damon Daybreak has always had 4 flat connection, but now that won't work since we need power from the RV battery. Sure wish I would have learned to repair RV's when I was young and of course had the space to do it.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #9

I am getting ready to make my Equinox ready for towing. What are the issues with the taillights. I have the 2018 Premier that has LED taillights. Appreciate feedback.
Quote:
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I finally talked with Lippert. Surprise the 4 quart is no longer available. They said if I needed to replace it I had to buy the whole thing, like 1400 dollars. No thanks. Just hoping it does not have to be replaced as long as I have the coach. Could not find the rubber ring, so just bit the dust and used the new one from the $155. 2 quart tank. There is no company close by so just used what I had. Not what I wanted, but it worked and now water will not get into the system. Now I bought a new car and need to have it wired for towing. WOW cannot believe how much that it going to cost. Like $1000. 2019 Equinox cannot use the bulb inside the tail lights, 12 volt cig lighter does not work when car is not running, so need battery connection for brake buddy. Our 2006 Damon Daybreak has always had 4 flat connection, but now that won't work since we need power from the RV battery. Sure wish I would have learned to repair RV's when I was young and of course had the space to do it.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #10

Chevrolet and our local rv dealer stated to not wire into the tail/brake lights. I bought the add on led lights from Roadmaster. Because my motor home has separate brake, turn and tail lights, I had a power module to adapt the motor home to the new led lights. Suggest you go to Roadmaster’s web site and download several of the different wiring diagrams. Analyze those to determine your correct configuration. The hardest part is routing the wire from the front to the rear of the Equinox. You will also need a charge wire from the rv to the Equinox per direction of Chevrolet. If you don’t your Equinox’s battery will discharge. When you stop for the night, unplug the charge line. The rv can discharge the Equinox if you don’t.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Wow, too bad ! Glad you were able to find a solution though.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure about the 2018 Equinox but I just bought a 2019 and it has to be wired from the MH battery for supplying power to my braking system, as the car will have a dead battery, unless I stop every two hours and start the car to charge the battery. I was told there had to be diodes, that the tail lights were not deep enough for using the bulb inside the tail lights. It is costing me a fortune to make the Equinox towable. Sure wish I would have kept my Saturn to just tow instead of selling it.
Old 01-01-2024, 05:39 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Hope to revive this older strand.

Having the same problem with reservoir leakage. If "Scenic route" or "Mudslidemary" are still active (or anyone else that repaired their Powergear levelers), can you indicate how you separated the reservoir from the electric motor and/or manifold. ie: through bolts, clamps or .. ?

2006 Safari TREK, Workhorse W22
vtkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 01:35 AM   #14

Curt 58988 for non-led Equinox.
Curt 58974 for led Equinox

Wow! I just realized how old this thread is.

Tags
hydraulic, levelers