RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #15

so find each end of the line and disconnect it from what ever its mounted too... Look on the web for a industrial hose and fitting location... wonder down there and they will make you an industrial hose that is the same length with the same fittings.... and than you'll have to cycle it a few times to bleed out the line...

My hydraulic system uses AFT from the auto parts store instead of hydraulic fluid... the ATF is RED and is easier to see when it leaks on the ground...

I've replaced several... you might also buy some cheep heater hose of the appropriate size... where I had the plastic hydraulic lines run across a metal surface I've cut a piece of heater hose... what length looks right... and than slit it with a box knife... and than slip it over the hose and against where the existing hose is rubbing.... to prevent this from happening again...

BTW you'll notice that the industrial hose will be 4 times the quality of the plastic stuff..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelag View Post
so find each end of the line and disconnect it from what ever its mounted too... Look on the web for a industrial hose and fitting location... wonder down there and they will make you an industrial hose that is the same length with the same fittings.... and than you'll have to cycle it a few times to bleed out the line...

My hydraulic system uses AFT from the auto parts store instead of hydraulic fluid... the ATF is RED and is easier to see when it leaks on the ground...

I've replaced several... you might also buy some cheep heater hose of the appropriate size... where I had the plastic hydraulic lines run across a metal surface I've cut a piece of heater hose... what length looks right... and than slit it with a box knife... and than slip it over the hose and against where the existing hose is rubbing.... to prevent this from happening again...

BTW you'll notice that the industrial hose will be 4 times the quality of the plastic stuff..
I'll look when I get out of storage. Just planning ahead. Some place I look said HWH had some problems and still might send out some lines... can't hurt.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver612 View Post
I have a 2002 Itasca Suncrusier 35U, one of the plastic line by the propane tank rubbed through. Is there a recommended repair. I was thinking of compression fitting? Also have one of the fittings leaking at the connection. Looking for advice.
Thanx in advance for replying.
Depending on the type of hose you have , the fittings are different. Hydraulic hoses are normally 3 parts . An inner liner or hose covered by a nylon or wire braid , then an outer cover usually plastic or rubber.
A compression fitting will not work.
Your best bet is to remove the leaking fitting , then cut the hose a couple of inches from the fitting and take it to a hydraulic shop and get the proper fitting that you can install yourself.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:44 PM   #18

I has a HWH Hydraulic line that the fitting failed. I took it to a Hydraulic Repair shop figuring they could cut the bad fitting off and install a new one. They were not able to repair it because the hose had ballooned and it was in between two sizes. They built a new hose.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soppy View Post
Depending on the type of hose you have , the fittings are different. Hydraulic hoses are normally 3 parts . An inner liner or hose covered by a nylon or wire braid , then an outer cover usually plastic or rubber.
A compression fitting will not work.
Your best bet is to remove the leaking fitting , then cut the hose a couple of inches from the fitting and take it to a hydraulic shop and get the proper fitting that you can install yourself.
The one that rubbed through looked to be plastic/nylon all the way through, no braided part?

Tags
air, hydraulic, repair