RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #1

Hydraulic Slide Issue

Here’s a question for you hydraulic experts.

2018 BerkshireXL 40C, with 2 Equalizer hydraulic slides and jacks.

Kitchen slide is slide #1
Bunk / wardrobe is slide #3

If I am operating slide room #3, with the cylinder removed from slide room #1, should there by any fluid coming out of the either of the open lines for slide #1 ?
My kitchen slide was drifting. I removed the cylinder on slide #1. Mean while as I was waiting for eq to send a replacement cylinder I opened slide #3 and tried to close it. It won’t close but there was a lot of fluid lost through the green striped hose (slide #1 retract) and none had come out of slide #1 (extend)

I was surprised that there would be fluid coming out of the one of the open lines for slide #1. It has me thinking that there might be a problem with the seals on the pump and this could by why the slide was drifting in the first place

Anyone got any thoughts ? I do not know if the fluid was coming out when I extended or retracted (or both) slide #3. Unfortunately I only checked the bucket after I tried to bring it in.

I really appreciate any information you can share.

My question is: should the systems i.e. slide 1, slide 2,front right jack, front left jack, etc, etc be completely isolated from each other ? I was fairly surprised to see fluid coming out from one of slide 1's hoses, when I was operating slide 3. It could be a coincidence, but I find it strange that the only side of the slide 1 that had fluid coming out of the open hose was the side for retracting slide 1, which is the issue I am having (keeping slide # 1 closed).
Raidernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Why are you removing hydraulic hoses? You have a closed system that pumps hydraulic fluid from the reservoir to open the slide and pumps it back to the reservoir to close the slide. It's a very simple system. Unless you have a leak, you shouldn't be playing with it.

Put it back together and take it back to your dealer for repairs (it's under warranty).
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:32 AM   #3

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Why are you removing hydraulic hoses? You have a closed system that pumps hydraulic fluid from the reservoir to open the slide and pumps it back to the reservoir to close the slide. It's a very simple system. Unless you have a leak, you shouldn't be playing with it.

Put it back together and take it back to your dealer for repairs (it's under warranty).
I have slide drifting issue. Got a replacement cylinder, and was changing it. Not a big deal. Dealer is 250 km away, so it is easier this way. Thanks for your input. Looking for someone who knows if the hydraulics for one slide are 100 % isolated at pump from other slide systems, because if they are supposed to be isolated, and I am getting a bypass into the other slide circuit, then changing the cylinder is not going to stop the slide from drifting open. Thanks Again.
Raidernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #4

You should call Equalizer to get your answer.

I had a Berkshire in the past, my bunk slide was electric. Looks like things have changed.
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, slide