Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hydraulic Slideout Won't Retract

My full wall slide won't come in. The motor runs and the rear cylinder tries to bring in the rear but the front corner does not move, thus, it comes in crooked and jams.

What is the best way to get this slide in? I haven't tried using the drill on the motor technique because the motor seems to be working .

Is there a brake that needs to be released?

How do I do this so I can get the coach to a shop?
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2019, 10:12 AM   #2

I know little about your specific coach except that the 40DFT does have only one hydraulic slide, the rest are gear motor activated.

I would assume from looking at the manual (https://www.monacocoach.com/resource...007_Knight.pdf) page 99 that there is a single hydraulic pump with two hydraulic lines, one to each end of the slide. When positive pressure is applied, the slide goes out, and when negative pressure is applied, the slide comes in.

For whatever reason, the hydraulic cylinder on one end of your slide is unable to retract the slide. This could be because of a cylinder malfunction or it could be because the slide has an obstruction or some damage that is causing it to jam. Once jammed, of course, the problem just gets worse if you continue to attempt to retract.

If you are able to get to the cylinders in your basement it may be of value to unbolt and remove the cylinders and manually push the slide in with a bunch of people (strong ones if you can find them) to manually push the slide in. I've seen this done, it is quite possible if there is no obstruction or damage to the slide. Once it is in, the slide can be secured with straps from the the cylinder mounts to something stationary in the basement.

If this doesn't work, there is probably some damage to the slide causing it to jam, or an obstruction that is causing your problem.

You can diagnose the cylinders by removing one end of the cylinder from the slide (without removing the hose) and running them in and out. If they both run in and out without the slide attached, than I think you are back to obstruction or damage.

John
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #3

slide

Had this happen on a old 5 wheel I had. took a jack and lifted the side that was jamming and it went in FYI
Old 11-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #4

Make sure something isn't jammed creating the problem. Check inside and out high and low. If the slide is for sure free then look at the hydraulic hose connections in the pump bay. Pressure should be equal going to both cylinders and should only be one valve so this leads me to something dragging or binding.

When all else fails you loosen the return lines at your choice location to minimize the mess and simply shove the slide in with a little help or use a strap type come along to help.
Milford 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
These are very helpful ideas...thanks so much.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
My full wall slide won't come in. The motor runs and the rear cylinder tries to bring in the rear but the front corner does not move, thus, it comes in crooked and jams.

What is the best way to get this slide in? I haven't tried using the drill on the motor technique because the motor seems to be working .

Is there a brake that needs to be released?

How do I do this so I can get the coach to a shop?

Are you leveled? Your MH body might be twisted enough to create and 'un-eveness' of the track/slide and the motor can't pull it in.
wontonthan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, slide, slideout