Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #57

Mr Butler

Just thought I would give my 1 cent worth. First, I wouldn't buy new. Second, The floor plan would be way down on the list. It could end up being a deal breaker, but there are alot of things more important. Third, I would contact the man on post #51, just to see what he has. He might have a good deal if he is not upside down. Sounds like he has maintained it, which is lacking with some of these coaches. By the way I have an Allegro Bus and I have had the normal problems, which you need to expect, but love the Bus. JMHO. Good Luck MOMCAT
momcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 AM   #58

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pick any!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Threads like this are all the same....pick xxxx, that's what I have and it's the best at that price. Or, if you can afford it, pick yyyy, they are the best period.
. DITTO!

They are all very great coaches. Newmar = Winnebago warranty and product purchase control. Big changes coming down the QC chute!

Entegra= Thor, real shame, wanted a Cornerstone, good buy at the time, not so much now.

Tiffin as of now! = Thor, down slide before Thor. Not a good path!

American Eagle = REV builders of heavy first responder equipment. Their first priority. Independent of Thor a real positive. Production coach with great detail to electrical engineering. Many negatives but I might buy a 2018/19 Eagle.

Monaco = REV this remodel has incorporated many past + design features. Could be a good production coach, with knowledge of chassis build and vigilance on buyers part!

Prevost = Marathon coach and other fine builders=$$$ lots, my choice but cannot afford new.

Newell= money money but built from the ground up pretty much handcrafted to your desires. $$$$$$$. A+ Never liked the design of exterior house, my opinion only.

Foretravel = money but multiple options with MODELS that equal custom and hand crafting. Also the Realm that is a production coach with hand crafted features. Probably the best affordable A++ coach.

Remember...all of the above cost a lot of preventative maintenance monies. Once I thought I would trade up, make improvements to promote higher trade value and finalize into a live aboard lifestyle. Ain’t happening!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #59

Freightliner Owners Club
Which kind to buy

On any of the higher end models, you will want to do factory delivery if it is available and you will want to always take it back to the factory repair center for any coach (house) service. So consider where you live in relation to the factory repair center. Consider the same also when choosing a chassis. Where will you have it serviced. You have to do that once per year.
Rebel IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #60

Prevost with Volvo engine ,is the quietest,smoothest running of them all. And your desires and floor plan is what they will build for you..
Florida Rang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:31 AM   #61

Past Bird owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmace View Post
Might want to re-think New anything
I've had Beaver, 2 45' Monaco's and now 20 year old Bluebird Wanderlodge.

It's a little dated but well built and very reasonable if you can find a good one.

My buddy bought a big high end Cornerstone with all the whistles & bells and for the first year he had much time and travel back & forth to the factory.

Buy what you like they all will cost you money and lots of it if you want to keep them in top shape.
The difficulty is finding trustworthy service people who know what they are doing.

Learn how to do a lot of the small maintenance yourself and save $$$$$

Good Luck
I had a 2003 Bird and loved it. Now have a 2005 Monaco Executive. That being said I have not purchased a new rig since 2005 that was a Newmar Northstar.
Captnkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:50 AM   #62

I am currently in a Newmar that went through the Winnebago transition under warranty, night and day difference. BW Newmar seemed eager to get problems taken care of, AW NOT. I had better service response from Featherlite for a 10 yo conversion than Newmar AW. I remember when Featherlite would fly a tech to address your problems.
augerdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:04 AM   #63

I would stay away from Tiffin for the moment at least till the dust settles from the Thor purchase. I have a 2018 unit that I am seeing things wearing out in just 2 years that should not be and the what use to be good phone service response is drying up. Good luck on your search.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:15 PM   #64

Follow-up Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
What is your question?
Good question x2..

I know my wife could afford one with my death benefits
Old 12-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #65

Don't get an entegra, its a thor product and they are the worst. Tiffin and newmar are the best, and tiffin may be on the way out as thor bought them too.
I agree with some of the other comments saying not to buy new. Too many problems.
Current Rig: 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 (Spartan Chassis w/ Cummins ISL 425hp) towing 2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 |||| Former Rig: 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 36U (w/ Ford Triton V10) towing 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
caleb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #66

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb1 View Post
Don't get an entegra, its a thor product and they are the worst. Tiffin and newmar are the best, and tiffin may be on the way out as thor bought them too.
I agree with some of the other comments saying not to buy new. Too many problems.
Thor Industries is the parent company over these RV mfg. as you can see - Thor is a mfg also along with Enterga, Tiffin etc. Lumping all together as Thor RVs - You mite want to review the comments by Enterga owner in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thor Industries.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	312917  
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:33 PM   #67

Agree with many that recommend a used Newell or Foretravel, great factory support and if used, generally a good deal. Let the first buyer eat the depreciation.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #68

I have owned both an American Eagle and an Entegra Anthem. For me it is Entegra ... all the way!
wla7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor