Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandGloria View Post

I have one of the problem light bars, so my odometer keeps resetting itself. They are working on fix....... in the meantime, really low mileage.

Tom
Fix HELL! Think about RESALE value! I can just see it, 5 year old coach, 6 miles on the odometer! Talk about a great selling point!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 PM   #30

Thanks...Eyephoto. New to RVing so may very well take the course.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:13 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Fix HELL! Think about RESALE value! I can just see it, 5 year old coach, 6 miles on the odometer! Talk about a great selling point!
LOL, i thought about that, but they told me the ECM has the current miles in it.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Yes Pat is still there and is who I set my appointment with. Very smart and knowledgeable! And Pat said she was thinking of retirement the day she had to deal with noserider!
LOL...
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #33

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm on the wait list for the class but I took our new, to us, Discovery 40X there last Friday. Fantastic experience. Rather than repeat it here, here's a link to our blog on that visit. Robin & Steve In Ordinary Time: FREIGHTLINER CUSTOM CHASSIS SERVICE CENTER
Old 02-23-2017, 01:01 PM   #34

That was really great Steve, thanks for posting it. The place looks clean and orderly and great shots from under the coach. I think Robin now has a different perspective of "being under the bus"!

It's interesting to see your coach in the air like that isn't it? But the best part is they were able to fix the problem and that's terrific!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:21 PM   #35
kya

I just signed up for camp 1 , going to the Sept 11-12 class. going to schedule a service to. want to learn as much about the chassis as I can so if there are any problems on the road I can hopefully diagnose them.
kya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Under the bus!!! That's good. Hadn't thought of that.

It was very interesting to see all that stuff from that perspective. My previous rig was a gasser so this diesel stuff was intimidating. I know that things can still happen but I feel better knowing that it was checked and tuned by "the factory mechanics". I can say that because Pat said that in years past when it got slow they would send these mechanics to the factory line to keep them on the clock. They don't get slow times anymore and I can see why.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:21 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
I just heard from my friend who put me onto Camp Freightliner. I knew he had his 12 month service done while he was there and asked what it cost. He said he thought it was $750.00, does that sound about right?

He also mentioned to someone in service that his coach didn't react like it should on the open road. Come to find out his coach was a new model of Newmar's and they didn't have time to align it before sending it to a show. Freightliner not only aligned the coach they also contacted Newmar and had them pay for it!

I thought that was a great story! It shows how good things can come from having your coach at the right place at the right time! Would another shop have known enough, have the equipment to do it and know the folks at Newmar to have them pay for it?

We all go to Camp Freightliner to learn about our coach and become more educated on the operations of our diesel pusher. This story seems like just deserts to me... But of course I enjoy desert!

Hey Ed, can I handle that $750.00 or is it Bubbles after all? Talking about aligning a chassis yee-haa-woo-haa!

Harry
Harry, you'll have to check with Bubbles to see about the deduction. We refer difficult questions like that to our tax attorneys, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #38

Thanks for that Ed but I should be ok. I just hired the crack legal team of Slippery, Caniver and Fanangle!

I had no idea so many go to the Freightliner school. Even if you don't plan to do your own maintenance it's always good to know what's going on under the hood!

Harry
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #39

We went to Camp Freightliner when it was offered in Arizona. It was a great class! We learn so much that we did not know and really needed to know. They give you information that is specifically for your coach.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #40

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
For those that have been, where do you go with your coach? I will be there for service so staying on site. OK to put slides out and jacks down? I can live w/o hookups. Essentially I am looking to get a little advance knowledge so my arrival will be stress free.

Thanks
JimN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
OK, I just did little more research. DUH, was looking at the plant, not the service center. Amazing what having the correct address does! I was concerned about parking, slides out etc. All good now. And it's 3 miles closer to home
JimN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
For those that have been, where do you go with your coach? I will be there for service so staying on site. OK to put slides out and jacks down? I can live w/o hookups. Essentially I am looking to get a little advance knowledge so my arrival will be stress free.

Thanks

They have several sites there with electric hookups ( I don't remember if there is water). We usually get there the afternoon of the day before our appointment, and pick out a spot. Some may have reserved signs on them for coaches that are in the shop undergoing service. Plenty of room to put out slides,etc. After you are set up, go inside and tell them where you are. If you have a morning appointment, have your slides in and ready to go at the time of your appointment. A tech will come and get your coach and take it into the shop. You can go into the waiting room and watch tv or use their wifi.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner