Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #15

GS towing problems

I would present your problem in writing to action line Trailer Life Magazine. They seem to solve a lot of reinbursement issues.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #16

glad you got it worked out.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yikes!! What a nightmare that must have been. Worse, replacing the pump would not have resolved your issue and who knows how much longer and how much more cash.

Going to Cummins helped dodge a bullet.

Safe travels..........
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #18
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
1300 bucks.. cheap! :-)
Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #19
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
Good call.. If I don't get reimbursed from goog sam roadside and gs extended service plan..I will do just that.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #20

Good luck with trailer life/motor home life getting involved. They are owned by Good Sam and will not publish any negative about parent company
crabdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
I have NO complaints about this facility, and would recommend them to anyone needing help.
Please give them a review here:

RV Service Reviews
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #22

I just received my GS Roadside Assistance Plan in the mail. Thinking seriously of switching to Coachnet since they seem to have a better track record. Glad I read your thread and very happy to find out you got it resolved properly.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:11 PM   #23

Quote:
I went directly to the cummins dealer yesterday and got some information. They said the rebuilt pump, which is all there is in Portland, only costs 4088.41, plus a core charge of 1125 that is returned to me when core is inspected. They can have it out of the shop in 8 hours. Parts and labor are warrantied for 100,000 miles/1 year at any cummins facility nationwide. Unfortunately, they said they will not deal with Good Sam because of being burned too many times by them. i.e. authorizing repairs, and then reniging payment because they did not inspect repaired parts.

Since I didn't know the injector part that the mechanic said he also needed to replace, which cost another 1200, I couldn't verify that cost. I figured he was going to bill me for about 8K in parts only. I was surprised by the core charge, but not surprised the mechanic failed to mention it was refundable.

Had to wait and see what the inspector said, the arrived yesterday afternoon.

He spent several hours looking things over, and at the end of the day, he tells me "this guy is an arrogant bastard", "there is no way I can come up with 20.5 hours in labor". Any warranty work would not be covered by Good Sam and would need to be between me and the mechanic. In a frank and private discussion, I was told it would be unlikely that any part of this claim would be paid due to the exorbitant estimate. Between the lines, he was telling me to get the hell out of there, LOL.

To me, I was being held hostage and being extorted, so it just confirmed a decision to retow to a Cummins Dealership to be a sound one. Good Sam will have the inspectors report, so it should grease the skids a bit when I have the coach re-diagnosed.

Good sam roadside assistance authorized a retow to the Cummins dealership and since I didn't know how to get to this guys so I gave them his number. He convinced them that he was an authorized cummings shop and was capable of the repairs so they denied the tow. I tried to argue, but to no avail. I arranged for my own tow and it is now in the correct facility. The guy even stayed an extra 2 hours waiting for us,.. Hopefully, I will be on the road TUESDAY !!! YAY !!

Shaumus Cummins was NOT happy when told his services would not be required. Lots of empty promises,.. but he did try to bill 500 for his "services and computer fees",.. He took 280 cash and called it good. So, Good sam's mistake by towing me to Shamus Cummins, an independent diesel mechanic, instead of an actual Cummins repair facility has cost me over a week in lost travel, a week hotel costs,$ 280 in extortion fees, and a $850 dollar tow fee.

Really sorry for all that hassle. But $850 tow bill for 30 miles. Isn't that a lot. I'm up in the great wide north but I hope it's not that much here.
WildFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #24
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
the rate is 250/hr from the time they leave their facility to drop off. These guys knew what they were doing, and didn't stop to yak yak, smoke, or scratch stuff. they have to disconnect the drive shaft from the tranny to tow, hang lights, etc.. quite involved process to watch. I was quoted 1100 and up by most of the big rig towers..
Old 01-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #25

Quote:
the rate is 250/hr from the time they leave their facility to drop off. These guys knew what they were doing, and didn't stop to yak yak, smoke, or scratch stuff. they have to disconnect the drive shaft from the tranny to tow, hang lights, etc.. quite involved process to watch. I was quoted 1100 and up by most of the big rig towers..
Tows can really cost I own a semi and had to be towed 8 miles to the tow company shop 890.00! They did my repair for an additional 2800.00 and they were the cheaper tow company of the two in Nashville.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
What a mess! I sure hope I don't ever find myself in that kind of situation!
This makes me question my decision to stay with GS!

Hope you get it all worked out!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
x2
Eagles16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:16 PM   #27

Really reconsidering my GS membership. I got had to get a tow 2x in a month and they sent me a letter saying one more tow and they would cancel my membership.
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, need help